Author Topic: weather reports  (Read 20257 times)

Offline isiahstites

Re: weather reports
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2007, 01:06:26 AM »
Thanks for the info guys!

Is it safe to say that I will get at least four runs in??

Scott

dwarner

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2007, 10:32:56 AM »
JD forgot to mention snow. I arrived in the early morning one Nov. Sunday. There was snow on the road so I figured I would head to the Cirlce K for more coffee. The snow build up on the the street sign caused me to miss the turn.

Really cold on the lakebed but we ran all day.

DW

Offline RichFox

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2007, 04:03:41 PM »
Yeah, I stayed out on the lake bed overnight. And i don't have a camper. The snow was blowing sideways. Talk about cold. Then the Plymouth blew on Sunday. It was to cold to even open the hood and look at it. I couldn't wait to get it on the trailer and go home. Didn't look at the motor till next weekend. Dead player.

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2007, 08:47:13 PM »
A geezer story, but I recall in the early '70s it was so cold that none of us drank any of the considerable Coors (racers drank that in those days) we took to the lakebed at the November meet.
 That same day on the OTHER side of the San Gabriel's Garlits set a Top Fuel record that stood for eight years at the World Finals at old Ontario Motor Speedway.

Tail winds (6-13) and high sixties according to Wunderground weather 'couple minute ago at ELMO!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2007, 02:35:26 AM »
Just a reminder for the kids, the wind doesn't blow at EM, it sucks. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"