Author Topic: weather reports  (Read 20263 times)

Offline Bob Jr.

Re: weather reports
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2007, 03:14:01 PM »
Jim,

Since it was not an official meet they can take the records but no points.  No meet so everything else will carry to November..
Bob Sights Jr.

"Speed is no object price is the problem"

Gear Grinder

624 G/BSTR 171.173 El Mirage

627 H/BFMR Bville 176.787, H/BGMR Bville 181.089 G/BFMR El Mirage 180.10, G/BGMR El Mirage 187.534

"Worlds fastest to the cooler of beer"

Offline fastesthonda_jim

• Ready to Rock 2003
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2007, 03:16:30 PM »
My  understanding too, Bob.  I guess I just don't understand why, if they are in the points chase they would opt to run next month against higher numbers. 

But then next month may bring something other than what I was/am thinking.
2006 SCTA High Points Champeen
2006 Dirty "2" Wrench Of The Year
Bonneville "2" Club 2003
El Mirage Dirty "2"'s 2006
Bonneville Records: G/GS, F/GS (Boy)  G/FS (Girl)
El Mirage Records: F/BFS, F/FS, F/GS, I/FS, I/GS, K/BGS
FIA Records A, II, 8
Unlimited License
300mph line qualified (305.129 best mile speed)
The older half of San Diego's Fastest Couple
2016 Man of Distinction Award
DLRA 2019 Top Speed of The Meet (309.438 Mile - 323.3 GPS)

John@JE Pistons

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 03:27:01 PM »
I am 100 % certain at least one of them will take the record and perhaps one other as well.

J

Offline Evil Tweety

• Read more on Evil Tweety
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007, 05:43:18 PM »
126      D           CFALT        Cohn Jucewic Monza      Sidewinders      Bob Jucewic      198.268      197.065      0      Cert
716    A         FR         Brauer & Sons    LSR    Mike Brauer    228.279    226.234    0    Cert
988    J         BFS        Costella Yacoucci    Super Fours    Rick Yacoucci    207.257    203.515    0    

According to Section VIII A. Meet Points d).  …any records set prior to the cancellation of the meet and certified by impound will be officially recognized, but no points will be awarded.

The record can be declined by the entrant.
This is what you get when you are running for points. For those of us that are dying to set a record, any record, you have the guys trying to win the championship 1/4 MPH at a time. The three records set just make it harder to come back next month and do it again. I'll bet all three turn the record down.

1/4 MPH at a time?  From what I saw most of the top 5 positions had put anywhere from 3 to 35 mph on each record . . . and the Costella Yacoucci team had a 169 point day in June - and are still in third.  They've put (not counting that meet) almost 35 mph on every record they took.

Or are you talking club championship?

John@JE Pistons

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2007, 06:24:55 PM »
126      D           CFALT        Cohn Jucewic Monza      Sidewinders      Bob Jucewic      198.268      197.065      0      Cert
716    A         FR         Brauer & Sons    LSR    Mike Brauer    228.279    226.234    0    Cert
988    J         BFS        Costella Yacoucci    Super Fours    Rick Yacoucci    207.257    203.515    0    

According to Section VIII A. Meet Points d).  …any records set prior to the cancellation of the meet and certified by impound will be officially recognized, but no points will be awarded.

The record can be declined by the entrant.
This is what you get when you are running for points. For those of us that are dying to set a record, any record, you have the guys trying to win the championship 1/4 MPH at a time. The three records set just make it harder to come back next month and do it again. I'll bet all three turn the record down.

1/4 MPH at a time?  From what I saw most of the top 5 positions had put anywhere from 3 to 35 mph on each record . . . and the Costella Yacoucci team had a 169 point day in June - and are still in third.  They've put (not counting that meet) almost 35 mph on every record they took.

Or are you talking club championship?

In four runs on the Sidecar we have averaged 15.5 mph over the record or minimum in the class, on the Yellow bike we have set two records and ran an average of 16.5 mph faster than the current record.

Rick is putting down the big points...

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2007, 12:48:42 AM »
Bob!..What do you mean everything else will carry over to November?........If you look the Cohns are pretty far from first. only Rick is close....
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2007, 01:02:52 AM »
Bob!..What do you mean everything else will carry over to November?........If you look the Cohns are pretty far from first. only Rick is close....

As JD said, the Cohns are very far from first place in championship points however I would love it if they got the most points however either Rick or Bob..

J

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2007, 12:04:54 PM »
Huh?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline willieworld

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2007, 05:40:26 PM »
i was impressed with the 3 records in oct--as i ran right behind them and had a 15 mph headwind my air speed was 141 ground speed 126 --its tough to set a record in those conditions--as far as the points race that has nothing to do with why someone can't set a record.
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2007, 07:30:21 PM »
Weather forecast for this weekend
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2007, 08:03:50 PM »
it is my understanding that the oct meet was an official meet(el mirage dry lake land speed racing procedures #II B--as i understand the rules unless everyone gets to run one time no one gets any points--correct me if im wrong  thanks  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

landracing

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2007, 08:14:08 PM »
willie,

As you have stated and according to the SCTA Board Meeting, they event was an official event. However, because not everyone got a single run in the first round it was NOT a point meet. Records stand but NO points awarded to anyone.
ALSO for those who were there to run.

"All paid entrants from the October 2007 El Mirage meet who did not get a pass, will receive a prepaid status for their entry (same vehicle – same class) at the November El Mirage Meet.”  The motion passed 8 in favor and 3 opposed."

and this is part of the El Mirage procudures.

"From EMP page 14 section VIII A. d) Points Will be awarded ONLY After All Entrants Have Run No points will be awarded to any entrant until ALL entrants in line (See Section VII-A, “Line Up/Starting Position” Procedure) have had an opportunity to make one officiated run.  However, if a meet is cancelled before all entrants have had the opportunity to make their first run, any records set prior to the cancellation of the meet and certified by impound will be officially recognized, but no points will be awarded."

Jon

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2007, 09:46:55 PM »
Dean can you post up a current weather report for Saturday and Sunday?

Thanks,
Scott

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2007, 12:10:00 AM »
I can give u a wheather report for November El Mirage. Cold in the morning about 45, (drivers seem to keep their suits on longer) warming to a of the high 60's to low 70's, wind from some direction about 9:15. Oh yeah...somethimes rain. That about covers the last 30 years or so.

Many records on Saturday....Shorter lines on Sunday. That sums up most of the 2 day meets. Good Luck....JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2007, 01:02:00 AM »
Jimmy! Right On! Except the winds this weekend are supposed to be going before sunrise.

Saturday & Sunday low 43, high 72
Saturday winds 8 mph all day from the southwest. Some gusts as high as 24 mph.
Sunday winds 14 mph gusting to 24. Looks like a racer wind right down the lake bed.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.