Author Topic: sidecar changes  (Read 34204 times)

Offline willieworld

sidecar changes
« on: October 12, 2007, 11:56:10 PM »
Has anybody heard anything about rule changes for sidecars. Four or five people have told me that there is going to be some changes this year. I am building a couple of new bikes and would like to know before I commit myself to a particular design.
Thanks Willie Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

bak189

Re: sidecar changes
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 12:16:30 AM »
Oh,  Boy...........You'l get nothing from me on this one...................................................................................

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 01:35:13 AM »
I have nothing to back this up, however I have heard that ballast or more ballast will be required.

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 02:00:04 AM »
Haven't heard anything but be ready to trim something.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 03:28:30 AM »
I keep pretty close to the subject and the only mention I have seen or heard was in the last set of SCTA meeting minutes that I receive regularly in-spite of the wishes of some.
It will be interesting to see what and how it happens.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 04:52:33 AM »
yes there will be changes. no i dont know what they will be yet
kent

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 07:52:21 AM »
yes there will be changes. no i dont know what they will be yet
kent

Isn't that indicative of the real problem ?
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

bak189

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 12:37:10 PM »
If I buy this sidecar (E-Bay 200159923000) will I be able to race it with SCTA/BNI????????

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 05:00:34 PM »
Buy it and you'll find out in May of next year whether you're legal or not.  I think motorcycle rule changes are done in Area 51 conditions.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 06:01:02 PM »
At the SCTA meeting in September some motorcycle proposals were brought up to be taken back to the clubs for discussion. Sounded like they want to eliminate/ modify some classes. So if you are interested in what is going on I suggest you attend your next club meeting to find out. It could get very interesting.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

bak189

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 06:05:51 PM »
What about BNI members only??????

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 06:30:45 PM »
What about BNI members only??????

While non-SCTA members make up the majority of the MC field, you are treated as the "unwashed" when it comes to rule changes.
In this day and age of instant electronic communications, the hand in /mail in form has no accountability.
With an e-mail copy of an appropriate and suitably complete form, copies can be sent to others and a suitable action can also be documented.
A read receipt option is better than just flushing it to the wind.
A central point can also serve as an abeyance watchdog, to monitor the timeliness of the response.
Keep it foolproof and it tends to be more honest too.

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 06:47:11 PM »
Maybe I'm too simplistic, but souldn't the sidecar rules reflect the FIM rules governing racing sidecars like what t the Isle of Man, etc. ?

This is  definition thing and some BODY as in santioning body-not somebody-as in a person with Solomon's wisdom ,or anybody's wisdom other than Pres Bush make the call.

Problem, an elephant is a MOUSE designed by a comittee.

I could be wrong, (Jack usually thinks so) but I could have sworn, as I stood on the long course starting line I saw, out of the corner of my eye, a two wheeled object with nothing more than what looked like my grandkid's skate board wheel on a thin left side boom, leave the starting line on the short course at WFs.

At least let's define sidecars where a monkey (sidecar language meaning human, not a ZOO creature-although knowing MC people for over 50 years, that could be interchangeable) can concievably ride them even if safety prohibits.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline desotoman

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 07:23:06 PM »

I could have sworn, as I stood on the long course starting line I saw, out of the corner of my eye, a two wheeled object with nothing more than what looked like my grandkid's skate board wheel on a thin left side boom, leave the starting line on the short course at WFs.

Sounds about right. I think your eyes are OK.  :wink:

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 07:32:24 PM »
Thanks for the verification.
 Tom, we'll have to talk sometimes about S-21 and 22s , 270s, 290s and 325s and Adventurer cylinder heads. Gene Adams knew!
Probably still does!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)