Author Topic: All entries must be a member of one of the clubs within the Southern California  (Read 10171 times)

Offline Rocket123

• SaltSurfers
All entries must be a member of one of the clubs within the Southern California Timing Association. What does this meen? What clubs are within the SCTA? How do you find the right one?
Thank You, Rocket
http://www.SaltSurfers.com
Nothing succeeds like persistence. I hope!

John@JE Pistons

PM sent.

John

Offline 836dstr

Rocket,

John probably answered your questions, if not:

Go to the SCTA/BNI website. There's a list of member Clubs and contact info for Club Presidents.

Most people join Clubs in their vacinity so they can attend meetings and meet the members. Clubs range in size, dues, duties, # of meetings, etc.

Tom

Offline Rocket123

• SaltSurfers
Hello, Couldn't get a hold of John Busy like everyone I imagine. I don't live in CA so I'm not sure if that cuts down on choices. I read the clubs on the SCTA site just not sure how you pick one.
Thank You. Rocket
http://www.SaltSurfers.com
Nothing succeeds like persistence. I hope!

Offline promachine

LSR is an awsome club that accepts out of state members. Give them a call.
Dirty 2 driver-nitro junkie-H.P. peddler

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Picking a club is usually a choice of which meeting place is the closest. If you had the time, you could visit each club during a meeting and get to know the people. I don't think it matters that much. Everybody I have met, no matter which club they belong to, has been really great.

They are all opinionated SOB's, but would give the shirt off their back if it would keep you running.

I suppose that you have found the list of clubs:
http://www.scta-bni.org/SCTA-NewWeb/SCTA_Clubs.html

If you can make it to a meeting, you can apply to join the club. It takes two meetings to qualify for membership to be voted in and pay the fees. A member is required to work at some of the races since all race duties are done by the members.

If you can't make it to a meeting, you can join as an associate member. The form is here:
http://www.scta-bni.org/SCTA-NewWeb/SCTA%20associate%20membership%202007.pdf
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Clay Pitkin

• B&B Racing
Hey what about those of us who dont live in California? For me example I live in Utah and belong to the Utah Salt Flats Racing Assoc.
Those who said it could not be done, should not stand in the way of those who are already doing it!

Offline RichFox

Delete
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 12:36:51 PM by RichFox »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan -- about 1850 miles east-northeast of Bonneville, and even farther from southern California.  Even though I likely will never be close enough to do regular volunteer duties at EM -- I joined one of the SCTA member clubs for a number of reasons.  And since I'm not likely to do my "fair share" of duties at EM -- I do as much as I can at Bonneville (and Maxton, too) in the way of volunteering -- so that if someone were to accuse me of shirking my duties as a member of that SCTA club -- I could, with a clean conscience, point out the volunteer stuff that I do perform.

The club of which I'm a member sends me meeting minutes, a rulebook, and so on, as they do for all members.  I pay a different membership fee because I'm a non-attending member (or whatever it's called).  I'm happy to display the logo/sticker from the club on my support truck and race trailer.

The only drawback I've got to belonging to this particular club is the same as that comedian once said:  "I'd never want to be a member of any club that would allow someone like me to be a member."  But - they put up with me, so I guess I have to, as well.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Clay
I am in Utah as well and have been a member of SCTA/BNI as well as a member of the Gear Grinders club as is Jon W. up in the frozen north where a snow plow is daily transportation in the winter. Our club has many out of the area and out state including one member in Canada. Our program for associate membership has been well planned for those out of the area. Associate members get everything the regular membership gets except the fun of monthly meetings. If you want more information PM or call me regarding membership.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline 836dstr

San Diego Roadster Club is much the same. If you live more than 200 miles from El Mirage and don't race more than 2 times a year then there are no required duties. We have members from all over the US and UK, including Jon Amo, our favorite Webmaster.

Club members get copied of SDRC, SCTA & BNI minutes so you can keep informed. Any Club you choose will be a good one.

Tom

Offline jimmy six

I don't think anyone answered your question. It is not necessary for all entries to be members of an SCTA club. If your vehicle meets all safety rules you may enter as a guest. Guests pay at a higher rate and may not set records eventho you may exceed the recod of the class you are running. You will recieve a timing tag.
If you have never run on the dirt you will need to attend "rookie orientation".  You may enter as a guest 2 times a year.
Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Join the SDRC if ya want to be part of a championship winning club..... whatever ya do, dont join the "queer grinders"..oops i ment "rear grinders".... oops darn key board i meen "beer grinders"
kent

John@JE Pistons

JD,

I spoke with Rocket123 and he has the information needed.

He is a car guy.. :-D

Thanks,

J

Offline interested bystander

Been told the reason the great popularity of the SDRC as opposed to clubs from the Valley, O.C, South Bay or Riverside,is the number of bars between San Diego and El Mirage (or the salt) is far greater than with the others.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)