Please vote Yea or Nay or New Motion

Yea
21 (77.8%)
Nay
2 (7.4%)
New Motion
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Partial Streamling rule addition  (Read 17970 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Partial Streamling rule addition
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2007, 08:05:58 PM »
Aaron, the SCTA is a dictatorship, not a representative government, if you are a BNI member.  If we want to play with their ball, they get to make the rules.  After they say jump, they expect us to be in the air before we ask how high? 
Our options are limited as it is the only game in town....
I'm considering joining one of the clubs... maybe we all should if we can find one that will have out of So Cal rabble like us...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2007, 08:20:33 PM »
Aaron, the SCTA is a dictatorship, not a representative government, if you are a BNI member.  If we want to play with their ball, they get to make the rules.  After they say jump, they expect us to be in the air before we ask how high? 
I'm considering joining one of the clubs... maybe we all should if we can find one that will have out of So Cal rabble like us...

SDRC... :-D

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2007, 08:42:55 PM »
SDRC
WMBCSBWE :-D

The meeting requirement for SDRC membership and full SCTA membership is defined as attendance at membership meeting or race events.
You must be sponsored by another member also.
If you do not race or are outside the area of So Cal, you are exempt from the annual duty drawing.
As is the case for a number of new members over the years, we want you where we can watch you. :wink:

"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline desotoman

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2007, 01:21:27 AM »

I guess I look at it a different way. Being a BNI member allows you to race at Bonneville Speedweek or World Finals. No different than buying a Costco membership which allows you to shop in their store. At Costco you have no say in what mark up they have. You only have the right to shop there. Same goes for BNI membership, in that it allows you to race at Bonneville.

Now if you want a say in things you must be an SCTA member. But then you might not get the say you would think. Each club has an certain number of reps that can vote at monthly SCTA meetings based on membership. Small clubs get one rep vote medium clubs get 2 rep votes and large clubs get 3 rep votes. It is all based on SCTA membership. Make sure you join a SCTA club that has some kind of communication with out of state members. 

Good luck,
Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2007, 02:03:42 AM »
well that would be us, SDRC.... we do
kent

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2007, 02:55:09 AM »
SDRC.  The Swift Direct Response Club?  As opposed to the SCTA?  Slow Communications Try Again ?  Sounds like a good club to me.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline OhioFatboy

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2007, 12:00:16 PM »
SDRC- i live in ohio!

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2007, 12:41:28 PM »
SDRC- i live in ohio!
Yes, but as you are related to Kent, we proably don't want you any closer. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline desotoman

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2007, 01:12:39 PM »
SDRC- i live in ohio!

Believe it or not there already is at least one SCTA member that lives in OHIO.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline OhioFatboy

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2007, 01:58:36 PM »
theres another member in ohio besides me

Offline OhioFatboy

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2007, 02:06:26 PM »
SDRC- i live in ohio!
Yes, but as you are related to Kent, we proably don't want you any closer. :wink:

Touche jack  :-D

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2007, 12:00:04 AM »

Do you really need a tool to enforce a rule such as this? The tool would then eventually be under the "interpretation of use" scrutiny(with nowhere to look back at the "spirit of the tool" once Kent is gone). Will there be training for all techs for this device? Will there be instructions inc ase trained pole user is not present? Would we then need a tool rule? All this for just one part of one rule from one article in one section of just the bike rules at only one venue... where does it end?
My vote would be to keep poles for tether balls, firemen and female dancers so you can get back to the subject(s) at hand.... clarification, interpretation and application.
Todd

Again another useless comment instead of a useful suggestion

Fatboy,
 :? Ohio intelligence never ceases to amaze me... you should look for some while you're up there. It's not that rare at all, many people from there have it and it may even help you identify the useful suggestion in the above paragraph as well as those made before it. Shame my useless comments aren't as beneficial as the ones you've made in this thread, I'll keep trying though just to prove to you I'm smart enough to be FROM Ohio.  :roll:

Kent,
someone will ALWAYS get blindsided.. but you are right, there's absolutley nothing wrong with trying something as long as the worst benefit outweighs doing nothing.
Todd

Offline k.h.

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2007, 12:17:50 AM »
Would a P fairing not meeting the inspector's new criteria have to be carved up, thereby disqualifying it from P?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2007, 01:28:38 AM »
Would a P fairing not meeting the inspector's new criteria have to be carved up, thereby disqualifying it from P?

Thinking it thru is tough unless you are not subject to be influenced so easily and spend the necessary time to do it right.
The real objective must be really clear or you run the risk of a bad decision.
It looks like the real objective and results of the decision are yet to be seen.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2007, 12:08:10 PM »
kh
 a "p" fairing in"PP" class is legal no matter of the deminitions... but put it on a "MPS" or a "APS" and ya might have to hack it up... were working on that right now... i think the m/c board has a desire to claen things up...
kent