Author Topic: October Volunteers  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

October Volunteers
« on: October 11, 2007, 05:13:21 PM »
Just a quick reminder that we'll need lots of volunteers for the October meet.
Please let us know of your willingness to help, ahead of time if possible, so we can plan and
have all positions covered. David, our tried and true starter helper, won't be able to
make it, so we would especially like someone to come forward for this slot.

BTW - We now have position descriptions (some in draft, some pretty well
polished) for Timing Slips, Shut Down, and Start Line positions. Our hope is that these will
help new volunteers to get the info that they need to do these jobs comfortably. We will
greatly appreciate any feedback on these so we can refine and make them as useful to you
as possible. As time goes along, we'll add PD's for the Tower, Gate, Tear-Down,
and any other jobs we can think of.

Thanks so much - you folks always come thru
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline team_cougar

• Mercury Cougar go fast punk
  • New folks
Re: October Volunteers
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 05:56:18 PM »
Count me in.
I get off work in the South Charlotte area at 4:00, and I'm not sure how long it'll take me and the 79 lemans wagon to boogie out there.
But, I'll get there as soon as I can on Friday and be there for the whole weekend.
Barring unexpected problems from my Buick v6 of course.
Andy White
Huntersville NC
1970 Mercury Cougar

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 09:38:36 AM »
Charlotte to Laurinburg/Maxton is two hours plus traffic, which, at quitting time Friday, can add as much as an hour.  If you'll be arriving at 6PM++ -- there won't be much going on at the track -- so probably don't bother going there.  It's another fifteen minutes beyond Laurinburg, and you'd get there to not many folks there, and those that are are done working and kicking back for their campout experience. 

I just got off the phone with the Pine Acres Motel -- THE place for ECTA racers to stay.  Their "new" rooms are all sold out for next weekend, but the rooms in the older section are still available.  If you haven't already made lodging plans, consider call 1 800 348 8242.  Tell 'em you're an ECTA racer -- they'll only increase your room rate by about 40% (just kidding).
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline GH

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 10:57:25 AM »
SSS and Nancy, it was great that you came by to visit with us at WF. Had a great time until I dropped another valve. Cya

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 09:48:36 PM »
I just got off the phone with the Pine Acres Motel -- THE place for ECTA racers to stay.  Their "new" rooms are all sold out for next weekend, but the rooms in the older section are still available.  If you haven't already made lodging plans, consider call 1 800 348 8242.  Tell 'em you're an ECTA racer -- they'll only increase your room rate by about 40% (just kidding).

Guess I missed the last rooms there.  We picked up a couple rooms at the Clinton Inn.  They asked if we were coming for the ECTA event so there must be others staying there.  Hope they provide a swedish massage along with the continental breakfast...
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 09:21:22 AM »
Well, almost.  The Swedish guy that pummels you into submission (while calling it a massage) brings his version of breakfast -- the good ol' Swedish standby of hardtack, raw herring, hard boiled eggs, and beer.

Here's a sorta serious note about the Clinton -- consider asking for a room in the back of the building, not along the side.  There's be less traffic noise, less reveling from the other motel patrons.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 01:48:32 PM »
Here's a sorta serious note about the Clinton -- consider asking for a room in the back.

So, at the Clinton Inn, if we want to go through the back door is that called the Lewinski Room?

Oh, horrible joke, I know.  Sorry...
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 01:49:09 PM »
The breakfast IS continental - I just am unsure of WHICH continent.  Perhaps Asia Minor.

And volunteering IS fun - way more than, say, a root canal.

See y'all there
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer