Author Topic: Ignition Advancers and dual pickups for nitrous  (Read 3020 times)

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
Ignition Advancers and dual pickups for nitrous
« on: October 03, 2007, 06:42:25 AM »
Is it feesible to use an Ignition advancer on a motorcycle (as in an altered flat plate that moves past the sensor) which in turn would leave enough room for a second pickup in a retarded position so when you fire the Nitrous you switch between the pickups.Presumably getting slightly improved performance when running normaly without the go go gear.

Silly Idea or not.
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
Re: Ignition Advancers and dual pickups for nitrous
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 02:43:05 PM »
Not sure if it is available for the bikes but they used to do that sort of thing all the time in drag racing with dual point distributors. They would cut out the most advanced set of ignition points with a switch as they went through the traps to retard spark a bit.

Larry
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 02:44:43 PM by hotrod »

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 02:12:19 AM »
Great might not be a bad idea then, I am always a bit wary of asking about all the Ideas that I have incase I come across as a dick

Thanks OZ
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 02:44:52 AM »
Great might not be a bad idea then, I am always a bit wary of asking about all the Ideas that I have incase I come across as a dick

Thanks OZ

Then you will fit right in with Jack and the rest of us :roll:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20