Author Topic: Classic Category Rule Question  (Read 3065 times)

Offline angryyouth

• "Not so much the youth part but definately still Angry"
  • New folks
Classic Category Rule Question
« on: September 28, 2007, 01:34:02 AM »
As I am a newbie I apologize ahead of time if this is a redundant post or a complete ludicrous question. But I am going to ask it at the risk of ridicule. In the classic category it states that; "Classes within the Classic Category are the equivalent of the Modified and Production categories with body modifications as allowed in those categories".
  Since the Classic Category does not have a modified sub class but it does have a Classic Production class is one to assume that all non production classes in the classic category I.E. Classic Unblown Gas Coupe are allowed body modifications of said modified class or is the Altered class one in the same as Modified?
 I apologize for the long winded question but sometimes when reading the rule book I feel as if I'm reading chinese and I am trying to avoid any possible embarrassment at Tech.
Thank You.
-A

dwarner

Re: Classic Category Rule Question
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 08:42:09 AM »
You understand more than you know. A Classic Gas Coupe has the same rules as a Gas Coupe in the Modified Category. Remember, the classes are broken into categories with various classes within the category.

The reason the book is written the way it is was to try to minimize the total page count. Forums like this one tend to fill in the blanks. Keep asking.

BTW - what are you so angry about? This is fun,

DW

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 10:40:19 AM »
Dan, he's angry because it rains 345 days a year and his paint won't dry. I spent 21 months up there in the Army and summer is for two weeks in August (sometimes) :evil:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline angryyouth

• "Not so much the youth part but definately still Angry"
  • New folks
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 11:49:10 AM »
You're probably right about the rain, It seems like each year it rains more and more. I think last year it was 352 days though!
Anyways thanks for the clarification on the rule book it helps alot. And I appreciate the ability to ask the questions on the forum. Now if I could get some help in my shop building the car or financing we would definately have it made. lol
-A

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 03:12:41 PM »
Hey Dan,
If i am reading correctly -  and refering to rule 4C -  we could put a hood scoop (intake) on the top of the hood to ram air into the carb -  correct?

what if the engine intruded into that space (above the fender/ original hood )  with a carb on top of it -  would that be looked at as within the spirit of the rule?

Carl j
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

dwarner

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 11:38:08 PM »
Carl,

What class are talking about? Gas Coupe, Altered, Production?

DW

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 10:45:15 AM »
Gas Coupe Dan,  Sorry,  I hadn't checked this forum for a while!

Carl Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

dwarner

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »
Carl,

While trapped in a car with Jim Miller a few weeks ago we had this discussion. Jim's thinking is that the engine can be above the fender line and the hood modified to cover the engine. The scoop is allowed as long as the 11" max height is not exceed.

DW