Author Topic: Looking for info, pics, etc., on Bill Wirges!!!  (Read 3581 times)

irace95

Looking for info, pics, etc., on Bill Wirges!!!
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:00:03 PM »
I am looking for old info and pics of bill wirges...

Bill is my great uncle on my fathers side..    I am an avid racer of a dirt latemodel and have been trying to research Bill wirges's past along with my great grandfather Ray Wirges!!

any help in doing so would be greatly appreciated!!!

P.S.        The rumor is that Bill is building a full body car to set a new 300mph record!!!  and also to
              to be one to set records on 2 whells and 4!!

Offline Freud

Re: Looking for info, pics, etc., on Bill Wirges!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 01:09:58 AM »
Give me time to get back to Washington State. I knew him and he was unrelentless and one absolutely 
marvelous man. He just took on a challenge that was unattainable at the time.
He challenged Vesco when Don was his strongsst and he had no chance. He did set a record but
just not the one he wanted.
Send me a PM.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline dirttracken12s

• New folks
Re: Looking for info, pics, etc., on Bill Wirges!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 06:09:11 PM »
Hi Irace95, never been on here before and found you asked about Bill and Ray. Ray sponsered me as an amature flat tracker in the early 70's out of the shop in Princeton, Illinois. Bill is a good friend of mine, and I talked to him today. Bill is an amazing man, And one of the nicest guys I know. He was building a stock bodied car for an attempt at another record but I think the project is on hold right now. He pretty much had the chassis done. I printed your post, and will give it to bill if you would like. My email is copsjohnracer@yahoo.com