Author Topic: Server Outage  (Read 2273 times)

landracing

Server Outage
« on: September 25, 2007, 08:50:57 PM »
Landracing.com had a small outage today for a few hours. There is a .php handler withing Linux that handles the .php files and it processes information to the end user. basically whoever is viewing the pages. That handler became corrupt so it would not process information and wanted to download the page instead of showing it in the browser.

There were rumors that it was a virus. NOT A CHANCE. Your browser was looking for a way to open the pages because the server wasn't processing the information. No harm.

The problem is currently fixed and back online like it never happened. Just caused my blood pressure to go up a dozen or so  points.

Jon

Offline Dave Haller

Re: Server Outage
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 08:58:19 PM »
Thanks for the update Jon. I check the page often every day from home and work and got a block message this afternoon saying the page may contain a virus and it wouldn't let me open it. Got it now and am very glad. Thanks again for all you do,
Dave Haller

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Server Outage
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 08:59:16 PM »
Landracing.com had a small outage today for a few hours.......................The problem is currently fixed and back online like it never happened. Just caused my blood pressure to go up a dozen or so  points.

Jon

Thanks Jon, watch the blood pressure and get on chat tonight,

Sum