Author Topic: My CBR1000 A/F  (Read 76662 times)

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
Re: My CBR1000 A/F
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2009, 10:57:41 AM »
Four of us Dave PJ Annie and Doug will be,They are outside Denver at Longmont which is where Annie and Doug live I believe its on the way to the Main highway I.80 or whatever it is (the one to Bonneville)  they will be arriving on wednesday evening but the Bike should be there this saturday,
we have hired a trailer from U Haul as we will need to use it as a recovery after runs its not Ideal but it will have to do.
Dave PJ Annie and Doug are picking the 2 RVs up in Denver on Thursday morning and driving on over to Wendover we are also taking a pick up truck to use with the trailer its gona be a right convoy going on,hope they remember to pick us up at SSC on saturday
Might be an Idea though,when will you be leaving for the salt and will it cause you any hassle.
Cheers Oz

OOPs I forgot to mention the U haul thing may be the best option as it dosent look that long but I think the wheel base is something like 82" which makes the whole thing very long something in the region of 8 ft long we were originaly going to get a bike trailer from them but it wouldnt fit.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:13:43 AM by oz »
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2009, 11:28:27 AM »
Oz, hope you are getting either the 5x9 open ramp trailer or the 5x8 enclosed trailer. I am a u haul dealer and these are your best choices. If you dont need an enclosed trailer the 5x9 ramp trailer is best for a motorcycle, ramp, tie downs.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2009, 11:49:06 AM »
God knows its 5X9 and the sides are about 26"high apparently, Annie has sorted this one out I hope it has a ramp it will be darned awkward if it hasnt.does that sound like the right one?
Cheers Fred
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline mj43

• New folks
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2009, 11:50:44 AM »
All the best Oz keep us all informed of your progress

MJ
Team Sparrow #9696

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2009, 12:06:20 PM »
Thats the right one, and yes it has a ramp. The newer ones even have an indention for the front wheel of a motorcycle.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline racecomp

• New folks
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2009, 05:20:53 PM »
Good luck OZ.  :cheers:  :-D

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2009, 11:26:04 AM »
Cheers Mark will do I have daves no i will give him a bell when i am over and let him know how its going.

Big Thanks Steve/Racecomp you dont know how much that bit of sponsorship will help.
Nice one!!

P.S Mark,remember the little old lady that trashed my bike the insurance company have actually just finished paying up,,Not bad only 5 months

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2009, 08:37:32 AM »
Another Thank you to Steve@ Racecomp,Chris/Greg/Scott Giga co.

And The Good folk at the Wheatsheaf Public House Leighton Buzzard.(a very good watering hole,live music every friday and saturday,come one come all) trying for a free beer there!!
Jurgen and Helen,Richard and Tracy,Andy,John,Royston and Pat(actually suprised they didnt jump on there Guzzi and drive from new york or somwhere to watch),Geff and Liz,and everyone else for there support.

Many thanks I will buy the beers when I get back.

See ya all soon Oz

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2009, 09:13:39 AM »
 Is the wheatsheaf near Nantwitch   :?

Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2009, 01:32:27 PM »
By U.S. Standards just a little way about 150miles By U.K. Standards a pain about 2-4 hours, Pop in I will get you a Beer  :cheers:

Offline Sam Green

« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2009, 08:36:52 PM »
Any news OZ ?

Sam. :wink:
175cc Woodbridge Mile record holder 118.3mph

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2009, 11:30:18 AM »
Best pass was 149 normally aspirated(on the sat nav just in case ) but we had problems with the nitrous and we couldn get any on the salt. Still that is only 18mph of the record so the way i see it we did well 3 of us got licensed and had a good time without breaking the bike or any bones.you lose 20 percent power at that altitude so the plan is to take 50 percent more than we need next time and have some spare if we can. Ttfn and thanks to all on the salt. staff Volunteers. Competitors.everyone.just the best time ever.      Oz
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 02:55:05 PM by oz »

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2009, 02:59:46 PM »
Damm back at work now everything is grey it all seems unreal now,new projects are running around in my brain but all I want to do is jump back on a plane and run at BUB

Is That salt fever when you get back home and all you want to do is go faster next time.

The End until next time

Offline rockstar

« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2009, 03:14:30 PM »
Yep you got da fever :-D and der aint no cure known to man or racer!!!!.

Glad everything went well for you,you will have to come down for a beer and tell us all about it and
bring the piccies.

David
Remember Murphy's 6th law,if all goes well,then you have missed something out.

Team Sparrow Racing UK

Offline Sam Green

« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2009, 12:01:48 AM »
Well done Oz, glad you enjoyed it. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Sam. :wink: :cheers:
175cc Woodbridge Mile record holder 118.3mph