Author Topic: My CBR1000 A/F  (Read 76788 times)

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
Re: My CBR1000 A/F
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2009, 04:09:56 PM »
 :-o  I was hopin they weren't using that blue bottle as a fire extinguisher!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:  Crow
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2009, 04:36:28 PM »
Nope but we did have a few about as we did have a small problem with one of the fuel pumps!
Nitrous isnt a laughing matter..........or is it tee hee!
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline rockstar

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2009, 06:59:55 PM »
Glad to see it is a runner!,loved the vid!.
Sent you a PM.

David.
Remember Murphy's 6th law,if all goes well,then you have missed something out.

Team Sparrow Racing UK

Offline Sam Green

« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2009, 08:42:22 PM »
Bet you had a few beers to celebrate :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Sounds real crisp Oz. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Mine will be on the dyno this Saturday in Doncaster, not sure who's dyno it is. It fired up OK last Saturday.

Sam. :-)
175cc Woodbridge Mile record holder 118.3mph

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2009, 04:05:48 PM »
Its the first time I have used a Dyno to set up a bike and to tell you the truth I was very nervous,Will it be ok, will it blow up will the bloke who runs it know what he is doing?
Well he did know what he was doing!But and that is a big but the first run was very disapointing, all the work that I had put into the Engine had in effect halfed the output from 135 BHP to 66BHP,I was absolutley GUTTED!
The jets I was recomended to run from literature were around 124s and it was off the scale on the lean side, Not good but with a bit of Needle adjustment and a set of 150 Mains in it has crept upto 113 BHP.
It is still off the scale on the lean side,I initially thought this was not good but if it is still craving fuel the more fuel and air you can get in there the better so we had to leave it for today but tommorow we will gho upto 170 mains and have a play with the timing,
I would really like to see around the 160HPs,
Will let you know and then its a run with the Nitrous......Gulp

TTFN OZ
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2009, 11:03:32 AM »
Nope still poor results, apparently from 7 grand upwards it is real quick,faster than an R1 on the Dyno so I am told.I aint sure if that was said to sweeten the blow of such poor performance down low but we shall see,
apparently there is a problem with the map on the Ignition module and it appears that there is a hole in it so we need to buy an interface lead an some software from Dynatek to tweak the curve around as it aint doing a good job beetween 5 and 7,Below that fine above that Fine just that one little spot that it wont work.
Ho Hum the clock seems to be ticking a bit quicker as each week passes now.

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2009, 04:26:27 PM »
115 Hp
& 71 ft lbs Torque at the back wheel.Ah well it aint all about power.
I will have to see how it cuts the air .....Road test tommorow if its dry and there aint no bears about!

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2009, 03:01:57 PM »
Still no road test as yet but the weather is improving maybe this weekend.

The Nitrous bottle is filled and I am ready to do a run with it on the dyno what is the best way of doing it?

Top Gear with enough loading so it wont red line in top and then hit the button,I dont know this bit is all new to me anyone got any suggestions or experience even ideas!
Cheers Oz

Offline willieworld

« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2009, 03:23:44 PM »
oz  i ride my own bike on the dyno---i warm up the engine--and trans--run it through the gears --shift to 4th at 4000 rpm --hit the nos --run it to redline (7000 rpm) the dyno operator starts recording when i shift to 4th --nothing to it   willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2009, 03:38:22 PM »
Still no road test as yet but the weather is improving maybe this weekend.

The Nitrous bottle is filled and I am ready to do a run with it on the dyno what is the best way of doing it?

Top Gear with enough loading so it wont red line in top and then hit the button,I dont know this bit is all new to me anyone got any suggestions or experience even ideas!
Cheers Oz

OZ,

The proper way to use the Nitrous is to use it well in to your RPM range, if you were to hit the Nitrous at a low RPM you can damage your engine, make sure to always use the Nitrous only at wide open throttle and to always let off the Nitrous before you let off the gas or damage can occur.  On your engine I would not use the Nitrous at an RPM of less that 6K.

If you tap the Nitrous when the engine is shut off make sure you allow the intake to vent or you will have a nice little backfire and again more damage.

"Nitrous is nice however I'd rather be Blown"    :-D

John

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2009, 03:48:36 PM »
Cheers Willie
Are you running a straight shot? I am Running a progressive setup or should I just run a straight shot for Dyno purposes.Do you think loading the roller is a good idea we usually have it around 25 to 30% loading to stop it running away with itself

I hear ya John I reckoned around 6 to 6.5k only problem I have is it accelerates that quickinto the red line @11k in anything but top gear it dosent really give an Idea of what the progressive side of things is doing.Straight shot do you reckon, just to see what kind of power it makes and check ratios etc.
Oz

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2009, 04:01:41 PM »
Willie runs it straight without a controller, if you can load the dyno you will be able to check how well the controller works..

Good luck either way and I hope TJ sold you an extra piston or two and I really hope you don't need them.

John

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2009, 05:34:16 AM »
Unfortunatley testing has come to a halt at the moment as due to the recesion over here I find myself redundant again "Twice in a year almost to the day aint funny" I will still get there though Beg/Steal or Borrow it has to happen!

Anyone got some work for a SMW/Plater/Welder/Turner/Fitter/Designer.

TTFN Oz

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
Testing resumed,No work as yet but still looking.
It goes like f#@$ we havent managed a flat out run in top yet as it is a bit dodgy where we are testing I wont go into details as I might incriminate myself.
It is pulling 135 in 5th at around 8 1/2 grand red line is at 10 1/2 but seems a bit under geared,Very stable even on the corners although I think I had better get the wheels balanced as the front does seem to oscilate a bit. Changing the rear sprocket tomorow and see if we can get a flat out run in 6th,traffic and bears permitting oh and the weather is always a bit iffy over here.

Wahoo its like being a naughty kid again or should I say its like stepping back in time ten years!

TTFN Oz

Offline Adz

• New folks
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2009, 02:39:45 PM »
Small world, good to bump into ya today after many many years. Bike looks good and sounds well.
If i hear it again i'll pop round wif beer next time, good luck

Adz