Author Topic: My CBR1000 A/F  (Read 76840 times)

Offline Sam Green

Re: My CBR1000 A/F
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2008, 05:09:06 PM »
Hi Oz, Yes I know Simon, we did a few seasons racing the southern strips with our CR750 Honda in the Jap Classic Unlimited class, got to know him quite well, give him my regards next time you see him.
I only met Gabriel once when he lived down south, met him at Weston Zoyland.
I got the gas fitted but it didn't work under load. Straightliners were going to run a records weekend but it didn't happen so I shelved the project until next year and went drag racing in the States instead.
I'll be getting it sorted after Christmas and have a date set for the record attempt on 26th April at Woodbridge. I'll only get one crack at it so here's hoping the weather is kind.

Regards Sam.  :cheers:
175cc Woodbridge Mile record holder 118.3mph

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2009, 09:55:19 AM »
Just an update its going for wiring mid february by an old friend so there is a little video of the bike as is stands gives a slightly better idea of what its like.It aint brilliant and i dont think there is sound but hey ya cant have everythin.

http://i287.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid287.photobucket.com/albums/ll140/oz110364/P1000678.flv">
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 10:05:25 AM by oz »
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2009, 10:52:53 AM »
Getting there!!! Looking forwad to the POST of its first ride and its first RUN----Great Sucsess to you this season!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2009, 12:04:49 PM »
Hey Oz! Just so you know, the sound comes through just fine. The project's looking really good. Why don't you pull back a bit and give us an overall look.

Good luck with running it. If it's as good as it looks it should be fast.

Pete

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2009, 02:23:40 PM »
Thanks Guys, really looking forward to getting out there this year the "Team"is getting together on the 7th of next month to put the deposits down on the RVs and finalize who is going where and when,It looks like there could be a dozen of us going so it should be a fun trip.
I did the video on a little digital stills camera for the blokes at work who wanted to see it, They said I should post it so I did, when it is up and running I will try for a better one maybe even some dyno footage.
Thanks again fellas.
Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2009, 09:55:34 AM »
The Bike Aint wired yet but it should be soon, just thiught I would post a little object that i knocked up at work this week  a little video cam mount I thought it may be fun to video a run or two if its allowed.
It is 1 Inch bore so it will clamp to one of the frame rails.

The slide Mount bolts on and the camera is easily removed.

And the camera is tiny its only about 4 1/2 inches long and about 1 1/2 inches in dia with its own power supply and 4 gig of memory should make for  interesting viewing.

It turned out that nice it even got anodised.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »
I just got a new program for my iMac -- that might be great for the onboard camera folks (which I am -- have a pair of little cameras and recorders).

The new program is the latest iteration of iPhoto/iMovie.  The iMovie includes some software that's supposed to help steady the video from a camera that's shaken while recording.  I read that the software is intended to help smooth video shot with hand-held phonoe cameras -- but I expect itll work with other video, too.  I have not installed it in the computer yet so haven't tried -- but will today and will see if I can find some video to work with.

The iPhoto part of the program includes software to use the GPS signal that's now available in some digital cameras -- to log the location where a photo was shot and store the  information in the data package of the photo.  When you're playing with the photo(s) afterwards the software will help you make a travelogue, for instance, in correct order -- it'll sort the photos by location.  I hear it'll even let you print a map showing your course referencing where the photos were taken.

I'll get the program installed today - once I finish catching up on all the posts here.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2009, 02:54:03 PM »
Have you managed to have a play with the new program yet is it any good and will it work on a normal laptop pc,Ireckon anything from my camera setup is going to be well shaky at best maybe just a blur of vibration tine will tell.

I

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2009, 09:10:38 PM »
No, I haven't found time to try it yet.  And the program is for Apples and purchased from them -- so it won't work on a Windows machine.  There might be something similar in the world of Windows -- but I don't know about that.

I hope to find time in a day or two to run a video or two through the new program.  I've got a nice stock of shaky ones, that's for sure  If I can do it -- and if it works like I hope it works - I'll post a "before-and-after" set of videos.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2009, 01:53:05 PM »
Yahoo!!! Its wired! Its going to be really really hard to not take time of work just to go and Fuel and oil her up,but i will be patient and wait till the weekend or Friday afternoon or tommorow who knows I cant wait to hear it running.......for the first time in 4 years.
Big Thank you to Steve Cleaver.Cheers Mate

Very Excited but wont take it out on the road Oz
well maybe once!
P.S.
I will take a few piccys at the weekend maybe a vid of the first firing!
Any news on the vid programe yet slim

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2009, 02:01:12 PM »

Very Excited but wont take it out on the road Oz
well maybe once!

Be Careful, I hear the roads over there are narrow and in bad shape...  :|
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2009, 02:14:27 PM »
you know it and wet at the moment  :-P
I may have to wait a little while but that is going to be very very hard :evil:

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2009, 05:51:45 AM »
It runs like a dream nice and resposive heres a little clip with lurvly lurvly sound dubious camera technique though. We had a load of little niggles at first and it took about 4 hours to sort em out but it was worth it.
Its booked in at the Dyno in two weeks and then it will give a better idea about fine tuning.

http://i287.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid287.photobucket.com/albums/ll140/oz110364/movie.flv
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:58:34 AM by oz »

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2009, 09:27:01 AM »
Sounds great OZ, lot's of smiles in that video :-D
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2009, 01:18:42 PM »
Sounds great OZ, lot's of smiles in that video :-D

Yep, everybody looked pretty happy... I saw the N20 bottle on the floor, did you have it cracked open a little earlier  :roll:  :-D  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O