Author Topic: My CBR1000 A/F  (Read 76801 times)

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
Re: My CBR1000 A/F
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2008, 10:12:08 PM »
Excellent I dont know if this is going to be a permenant move yet but thanks its much appreciated, Cheers Gabriel. oh and its a normal sized can Dave but it looks nice together Not me and coney the bike!!!

Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

racin jason

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2008, 01:47:17 AM »
I'm up to my eyeballs in aligators right now but i could point you in the right direction.

Offline rockstar

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2008, 09:06:20 AM »
That looks real cool :-D.
How you enjoying it over there?

David
Remember Murphy's 6th law,if all goes well,then you have missed something out.

Team Sparrow Racing UK

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2008, 09:58:17 AM »
Ah well, back in Blighty again, didn't seem to work out in Vancouver, not sure if this is a good or a bad thing yet. But it does mean that the bike's coming on again. We have pistons, we have a balanced and cryo'd crank thanks to T&L Engineering, and Frozen Solid http://www.frozensolid.co.uk/. There's a few pictures here of my buddy Sean once of Eurowing, Italy - top mechanic - who also worked in Texas on Nascars and other performance cars. I have ultimate faith in his skills, as he keeps telling me I don't know what I'm doing, so I cleaned his spanners for him and took the old gaskets off.

lots of complicated stuff now and i find myself having to ask for assistance at every step of the way but the mates that you find through time always seem to be there to help Much appreciated thanks all and cheers to Alistair Borland @ B.E.Aerospace for support and Encouragement

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:22:48 PM by oz »
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2008, 02:46:34 PM »
Good day?Bad Day?Final assembly was going great today modified clutch casings actually fitted with no problems the coatings done by Chris Negus at B.E.look teriffic thanks Carl/Chris/Pete/Trev only thing is it makes the other casings look shabby so it looks like some more bits may be heading your way see ya monday.
Then there were the yolks(triple trees) I was sure i had measured everything at least ten times,I made drawings had C.N.C.Programes written Cheers Gary and when I came to assemble them found that I had measured wrong on the size of the tubes
It could have been worse at least the pitch of the tubes was spot on and I only had to re bore the Dia only problem was I over bored by .25mm  which meant i had to enlarge the clamping slits
They seem to fit well now but it aint half awkward trying to assemble a front end that aint quite right by yourself,lift the bike,and do the clamping bolts with only two hands.
I can fit the lock stops bar location bolts and various other s@*%# and try and re assemble again tomorow.
Then its rear brake asembly I have made a carrier but its so close to other stuff it isnt funny if it fits I will post a few pictures  if it dosent i will wait till it does.
I Think there will be one more flurry of photos and then it is all going to be wiring piping and final setup before Dyno time its a very exciting and worrying time for me,Has it been worth it?
Myself I think so,even without any results from the Dyno I have learnt so much from this build in the way of what goes into making a bike goes fast,before this it has always been purely asthetics and bull@#<? Will it be any good ?
I dont know I really hope it will be otherwise I have spent alot of time and money on what could end up to be one helluva fast road bike that aint much good around town or even for distance.
Final Photos to follow.
TTFN OZ

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2008, 07:47:29 AM »
Final Photo I aint going to post much more on the build as it is in the final throes of assembly and I reckon you must be getting bored with it now.
Thanks for your help everyone especially Beck Coatswith.Tom and Joan Coatswith Mam and Dad.Tommy Fox.Annie Colvin and Doug Amy the U.S.A Logistics team thanks for the cahoneys Doug and for the Family Support side of things .Chris Lay Gigasat.Alastair Borland B.E.Aerospace.Lee Worvell.Grant Wilson.Alan Hunt.Shaun Leconte.Gabriel.TJ Harris at J.E.Pistons.All at Nitrous Supply.Dave at Shnitz Racing.Mps in Florida.Omnicote.T+l Engineering.Roy Shearwood.Simon Reese at Reese Engineering.Greg at Frozen Solid.Dave Flood.Pete Burch.Chris and Trev Negus.Peter Heath.Carl Worker.Dave Irwin.Jason Tyas.(Adam.Kawah.Andy at Gigasat.)Bucks Chopper Club Chris Ireland for more than I can ever thank him for and Many other people if I have forgoten to put your names here Sorry but your help has been much appreciated.

See Ya on the salt 09

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 11:18:46 AM by oz »

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2008, 12:21:25 PM »
Don't stop posting now! We are definitely NOT bored with your build..Keep things coming, and tell us how it runs etc. Will you get a chance to test this winter anywhere? Santa Pod is 2 weeks away for the 50th anniversay NSA sprint....
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2008, 01:30:12 PM »
Cheers Gabriel Hows your Project coming along its a while since i had any pics of you.PM Sent

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2008, 04:03:17 PM »
I wasnt going to post again until all the pipework and wiring was done but it has taken so long just to do the pipework I feel that it is time for an update as I keep getting asked of freinds as to when they can see some progress so here is the progress!!

Electrics all mounted and ready for the wiring

Murphy Switch Which i wouldnt of thought of thank you guys

OOH!! Sexy Naked

Oil Cooler went in a treat although the brackets were a pain

And a riders eye view...... Hopefully more interesting in future

Cheers Guys OZ

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2008, 07:16:58 AM »
Great stuff Oz!!! Thanks for updating us.
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!

Offline Sam Green

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2008, 11:10:18 PM »
Looking good Oz  8-) are you running it naked or is there a front bit going on ?

Hi Gabriel.

Sam. :wink:
175cc Woodbridge Mile record holder 118.3mph

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2008, 07:37:56 AM »
Hi Sam it will be Running naked in 09 and depending on how it Handles/Performs on the Salt it may go to partial streamlining in 2010 or it may just be a motor swap i aint really decided yet, the good thing is the Engine bay is so big most modern engines will fit easily with room to spare,I will have to see what happens and how it goes.
Gabriel had a Super Blackbird for sale earlier this year,One of those little beautys may just be the ticket.
Honda's aint everyones cup of tea but I like em!
 TTFN OZ

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2008, 04:25:19 PM »
We are all engine guys and like to see the engines ... run it naked and then decide what you want to do ...
Joe

Offline Sam Green

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2008, 08:55:34 PM »
Hi Sam it will be Running naked in 09 and depending on how it Handles/Performs on the Salt it may go to partial streamlining in 2010 or it may just be a motor swap i aint really decided yet, the good thing is the Engine bay is so big most modern engines will fit easily with room to spare,I will have to see what happens and how it goes.
Gabriel had a Super Blackbird for sale earlier this year,One of those little beautys may just be the ticket.
Honda's aint everyones cup of tea but I like em!
 TTFN OZ

I'm a tea man as well :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D had Hondas since the begining, think my first one was 62 (a monkey bike) wish I still had it. :roll: Bought a 150 Benly in 65, rode it on the road for a few months then started sprinting it with the NSA, it took the British 175 flying mile record in 71, still have it. Hope to take it to Maxton next year with my RS175 two stroke.

Sam. :wink:
175cc Woodbridge Mile record holder 118.3mph

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2008, 11:59:29 AM »
Hey Sam I was just flitting through some of your earlier posts and noticed you may be considering nitrousing your RS I may have a Buddy who could give you a few tips on the subject..
He is over in the states at the moment but will be back around Christmas time I remember him saying he had done a 50cc and an 80cc 2 stroke on gas succesfully so he may be a help if you havent got it sorted yet.
And your a NSA Member to boot i suppose that means you know a certain Mr Simon Reese he has been a great help to me during this build if nothing else just through his sheer enthusiasm for all that is bikes and going fast same goes for Gabriel it was really them two that got me into it after the initial idea.
TTFN OZ