Author Topic: My CBR1000 A/F  (Read 76867 times)

Offline V8Pinto

Re: My CBR1000 A/F
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2008, 10:22:43 PM »
Nothing wrong with Orange!  I've got a Pinto and a Hayabusa that are both orange :)
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2008, 02:47:07 PM »
Dammmmmmmmmmmm I was made redundant last week so I am now unemployed but its a minor setback but it gives me the money I needed to finish the bike only problem is I am going to have to start walking to Bonneville now to make it in time for next year but I WILL BE THERE AND WITH THE BIKE EVEN IF IT KILLS ME!!!!
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2008, 01:26:39 PM »
Back in work now I hate being sat on my arse! The last few bits have gone for coating Fuel Tank, Engine Plates and Hangars, I have had some interesting input from some unexpected sources I apologise if this is becoming boring but work and living have to come before the build to an extent. Unfortunatley the heads are taking twice as long as they were origianaly going to take but I am sure they will be very good (I hope)when they finally arrive back home.The Pistons are coming from JE who advertise here and so far have been Diamond Geezers very very helpfull thanks Tj they should be ready within the next monthish so when they arrive its balancing cryo and re assembly time then maybe you can have a look at somethin that dosent make you yawn quite so much thanks for bearing with me if only I could manage the accelerated build times of willie and the rest of you!
Cheers OZ
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2008, 02:50:20 PM »
OK I have seen the heads; the wait has been well worth it.  A beautiful job. It's always nice to see a man who knows his skills, and makes a nice cup of tea. I'm not so desparate now, it's on its final fettling and I'm sure within the next week or two it'll be done. It's been well worth it, so here's a couple of photos of the work so far. TJ, at JE Pistons has sent me a couple of emails with a few revisions and the pistons should be here within two or three weeks. Now I don't care if you're bored!!! I'll still be there in 09.

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2008, 02:54:18 PM »
Ooops Cheers Roy Sherwood just got ahead of myself forgot to say thanks lurvly
OZ

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2008, 07:28:10 PM »
I can relate to your predicament Oz, my project is only a small single cylinder LSR four stroke, but it eats up ALL my spare cash,,,and it's seen 3 jobs come and go since its beginnings.
  After 3 months of forwards backwards land, I'm finally seeing it all come together, and get a new spurt of enthusiasm as another stage of construction is completed.
Learning the art of patience sure take a long time,  :wink:

Tiny
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 07:35:09 PM by generatorshovel »
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline rockstar

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2008, 08:24:28 PM »
Way to go Oz,Sorry to hear about your job probs,but glad to hear you got sorted.
Great piccies,good it is all coming together.
When you all coming down for a brew?

Dave
Remember Murphy's 6th law,if all goes well,then you have missed something out.

Team Sparrow Racing UK

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2008, 04:34:04 AM »
Hi Dave long time no see I will try and get up to see you guys within the next month or so its been a bit hectic and stressfull as you may be able to tell but hopefully everything is back on track now.

That does not look like a small single what capacity is it 600-700cc J.A.P or Weslake or something else?? Its kinda hard to tell from the photo.

Offline Sam Green

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2008, 05:10:42 PM »
Hi Oz, your bike is looking good. I'm a Honda nut living up in Cheshire.
Tiny PMed this link to more pics of his build.
It's only 175cc and is based on a CB125 motor.

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/generatorshovel/

Sam. :wink:
175cc Woodbridge Mile record holder 118.3mph

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2008, 02:07:05 PM »
Nice one its a very impressive piece of work that is!! It always amazes me what talent is hidden away in this country.I caught one of your earlier posts to Willie Buchta he really is a very helpfull bloke he helped me out loads last year with tech info on setting up the N2O its alot more complex than i realized and am still waiting for parts to finish the system and engine but its getting there
Cheers OZ

Offline Sam Green

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2008, 02:33:01 PM »
Nice one its a very impressive piece of work that is!! It always amazes me what talent is hidden away in this country.I caught one of your earlier posts to Willie Buchta he really is a very helpfull bloke he helped me out loads last year with tech info on setting up the N2O its alot more complex than i realized and am still waiting for parts to finish the system and engine but its getting there
Cheers OZ

Hi Oz, that little Honda motor belongs to Tiny in Australia, not the UK. He posted the link to me in a PM.

Re Willie, yes, he sounds an OK guy, had a chat with him off forum.
I'm just in the process of going down the nitrous route myself, having problems figureing out a way of retarding the ingnition without going to a completley different ignition system.

Regards Sam. :wink:
175cc Woodbridge Mile record holder 118.3mph

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »
Yup I know what you mean I eventually got a Dyna2000 Ignition system made up for me in Canada through MPS Racing in Florida but it is also programable,they may be able to help I was originally going to use dual pick ups and have a wasted spark when retard was used as in switching on the second or retarded spark with the nitrous system if you know whaI mean you will have to have a good coil on there though.

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2008, 03:14:36 PM »
Well its been a long time since I posted and I now find myself in Vancouver with the bike back in England the Pistons eventually turned up the daybefore I flew over but at least I have them now.
I thought I would wish everyone good luck and be safe on the Salt and at the same time post a few more pictures of the project!

Does anyone have any good contacts in the Vancouver area for engine work as in balancing the crank for the pistons ETC.
Whilst I was waiting for the pistons I started another project for a friend Jen she is only small and needed a frame for a Ducati SS but it had to be real small...............................................................It came out real pretty but as you can see it is damm small!!

I wil post a few more of it when I can get them from England it is a Rolling Chassis now with all the Electrics mounted all that remains to be done is a Tank-Seat Unit.
Be Fast Be Safe TTFN OZ

Offline rockstar

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2008, 03:15:23 PM »
Hi Oz.
That is either an extremly small bike or a very large can of cider :-D

David
Remember Murphy's 6th law,if all goes well,then you have missed something out.

Team Sparrow Racing UK

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2008, 04:16:31 AM »
Hi Oz,
Glad you got a job in Vancouver. Check out Jason McVicar. He lives in Vancouver and is a legend. He will help you out enormously, and I'll send you his email and another good guy. They will be able to sort you out. They both even like Englishmen!!! Gabriel.
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!