Author Topic: Finally building again.....  (Read 5417 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Finally building again.....
« on: September 13, 2007, 12:29:13 AM »

Some of you have been asking if I've been working on the lakester as there hasn't been updates for a while on my site.  The answer is very little until the last week or so.  A lot went on this last year, closed down the store, cleaned it out to lease it out, my mom required some attention in Missouri a couple times and then she passed away not too long before Speed Week and then their was a divorce that kind of also took the wind out of my sails.

But I am back to work and hope to be working a lot on the lakester as I think I'm finally about in "retired mode". The only problem I find with that is there is "always tomorrow" since I don't have to go to work.  Anyway I really want to have my own car at Speed Week next year and I'll try hard to make that happen.  I really have enjoyed working with Hooley and his car and that will continue also into the future and I might even let him pit with me  8-) .

Anyway I posted 3 more pages of build pictures (pages 64-66) here:

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/bvillecar/bvillecarindexpage.html

c ya and hope to c some of you at WF,

Sum

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Re: Finally building again.....
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 12:56:19 AM »

A lot went on this last year, closed down the store, cleaned it out to lease it out, my mom required some attention in Missouri a couple times and then she passed away not too long before Speed Week and then their was a divorce that kind of also took the wind out of my sails.
Sum

Good to hear you're back at work Sum , a similar bad run got me at one point , having the car to work on is like a refuge to retreat to when the real world crap makes it hard to go on.Get into it :wink:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 01:09:55 AM »
Baring all to this group requires a lot of fortitude-nice job, and what a GREAT website U have.

Hope the project has a lot of success- and YOU have a lotta fun!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 09:40:49 AM »
Sum:

Good to see the fire burning bright again, truly an inspirational light for our build.

Dr:

Interesting, have thought of builds as psychotherapy for myself at various times over the years.

Interested Bystander:

Can't say it any better myself.

Ed Purinton

Offline hitz

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 10:36:59 AM »

Sum : Good to see you back on track. I've been working on my lakester but not a lot. You get a lot done when you are working on yours. Is the race on? Less than 11 
 months to go to Speed Week!

Dr : You and the Rev have done a lot in a short time (compared to me) and have a nice car to show for it.

Ridge and interested bystander: "Obsession) comes to mind.

Harvey

Offline PJQ

• South end, Land of Oz
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 02:33:47 AM »
Good onya Sum,

Those fabrications of yours are inspiring (to someone having trouble getting simple swing-arms to work properly).
Soldier on mate.
Regards,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 12:34:04 AM »
Sum

Sorry to hear of the bad news.
Great to see the car is again underway.

I was really close to not being able to make 07.
There were 2 things that made it happen:

1. My cousin (redheaded turd, USMC and my best friend) said that it would not happen.
I would of died before admitting that he was right.

2. I made a time line of things that needed to be accomplished by certain dates.
And this is my only advice to you if you want to have it finished by next year.
I never knew how valuable my "list" was until I started working off of it. The list gave me short term goals and made me stoked every time I could cross something off and it allowed me to visually see my progress and what I needed to get done and when.

Without my list I would of never made it.
 I had it framed.

Ill be watching your first run, hope it see it in 08 but sometimes s happens. Just remember that this is fun.

-JH

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline AJR192

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 10:26:51 PM »
Hope things are getting more on an even keel again Sum. I look forward to seeing your car at the salt soon......

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 11:00:47 PM »
Get to work, we can't leave our soft records laying around forever... :roll: We need motivation to ya know, :-D  Come on Sum, get building!  :wink:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O