Author Topic: BUB photos  (Read 6721 times)

landracing

BUB photos
« on: September 07, 2007, 09:58:13 PM »
Group,

I would like to know if anyone can send me photo's of the BUB meet on CD or Email of photos during BUB's meet to fill in the void left in the photo gallery for the BUB dates. I was not able to make the meet.

Images dont have to be large format.. 600x400 images will do fine... A large zip file I can take on email or if you want to send a CD of images please PM and Ill send an address..
All photos will be given credit.

Thanks
Jon

Offline Matchless Fan

• New folks
Re: BUB photos
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 10:39:48 PM »
Group,

Gerald Jessup 71 and ready to return to BUB next year on his 1951 Triumph 500cc twin.

Offline Matchless Fan

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 10:41:17 PM »
Group,

Leslie Porterfield on her turbo 'busa with all ribs intact

Offline Freud

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 10:56:09 PM »
Matchless Fan, how about cutting your images down to 600 x 400.
They will be much easier to view.
FREUD
Since '63

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 11:09:38 PM »
I don't know Freud, the view was pretty good from here.  :wink:  Maybe you should get rid of dial up.  :-D
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Super Kaz

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 07:34:00 PM »
Bad race for me,but you know all to well the UP'S and DOWN'S of Our Sport :cry:!Here's a few if they fit :??

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 11:12:48 PM »
Click on the link below. Great Bonneville article about the Bub / Ack duel and the 07 meet. It's from my hometown paper. (I hope this works)

http://www.theunion.com/article/20070918/SPORTS/109180177

Rocky
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:14:37 PM by Rocky R »

Super Kaz

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 08:37:57 AM »
Click on the link below. Great Bonneville article about the Bub / Ack duel and the 07 meet. It's from my hometown paper. (I hope this works)

http://www.theunion.com/article/20070918/SPORTS/109180177

Rocky
Rocky,
Nice Plug for Your Book Rocky :wink: Hope Your all Healed up,and back Racing ASAP,and where can I get an Autographed Version of Flat Out at? 8-)
This Year's Race Broke Heart,Bike,Truck,Scull/Orbital,an Bank account,and I didn't even WIN Any Money! :cry:Never got out of 3rd gear all week with problems!!!!It can always be worse ,and whats even crazier is I still can't wait to go back there,and Lay Down a Number :evil:!Good Luck,and heal up Fast.
Hope to see you back at the Track soon,
Kaz.......
 :mrgreen:

Offline Flyboy

• Graduate National Test Pilots School,
    • http://WWW.SKYDANCERLE.COM
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 03:57:17 PM »
Below are some of the interesting bikes that made it to BUB this year.

She’s going to have a problem with aerodynamics.

This is a diesel bike built for the Marines. It gets 102 mpg.

This was one of the two bikes brought over from Switzerland. Note the three cylinders. There are only twelve three-cylinder bikes in the world.

Flyboy

One Fast ZX-14
Three World and Four AMA Land Speed Records
One Fast Cessna Turbo 210

Offline NArias3

• Arias Components
    • Arias Components Engineered
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 05:04:30 PM »
Nice pics Flyboy.

Are those three-cylinder engines the Feuling W's?

Nick 3rd.
SCTA Gear Grinder.

https://ariascomponents.com

Offline sockjohn

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 05:52:33 PM »

Nice pics!

Does one wear leathers or a fire suit in this?  I don't even see a linkage to the forks, but suppose it's there.

Nice looking Indian in there as well!  :)

Super Kaz

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 08:43:41 PM »

She’s going to have a problem with aerodynamics.

This is a diesel bike built for the Marines. It gets 102 mpg.

This was one of the two bikes brought over from Switzerland. Note the three cylinders. There are only twelve three-cylinder bikes in the world.

Flyboy

Great Pic's!Those were the Fueling engine bike brought by the SWISSPERFORMANCE TEAM Out of Switzerlain :wink:!They were Pitted next to the Rossi Leathered racer on the Turbo V-rod of Mine :evil:! Sure WISH it would have run right ,but it was 1st time out with a complete new motor,and Turbo system with my Old Salt Damaged Main/Engine Wiring Harness! Between egt plug's blowing out going too and in the Middle of 2 of my runs,and the Rain,and Bike repairs cost me a day each :x!It was a Dead Battery that put the Last Nail in my coffen on the Last run before Money Time was up:-(! I also had a little concussionn and Fractured Orbital ,so My Right Eye was pretty bad :|!Considering the condition's of the Course,My Body,and my Bike, I'm might be better off"I Could have Crashed Too" as It Tank Slapped me the Worst ever on my 167mph on 1 cyclinder pass :?Who know's what it would have been Like at 250 mph :-o? I maybe down ,but I'm not out yet,now if my truck would just get out of the shop''Blew the Intercooler 320miles from home" no cell service so with the Generous help of Fritze,and his Son,and Hap and his Partner"I'M BAD WITH NAMES :oops:" They Followed me all the way back to Vegas @35mph with my hazards on,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU :mrgreen:!