Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 5592 times)

Offline wulfpack

• New folks
New Guy
« on: September 03, 2007, 10:59:15 AM »
Hey guys I am new to LSR and I am very interested. I have a few questions that I spent awhile searching for. My first question is what body style class would I be in? I my exterior is all factory, so would that be Production coupe? The car I will be bringing is my Daily Driver 02' VW GTI (337) 1.8T rated at 400whp. I am assuming that I will be in the G in engine class. This car is capable of 150mph or more so what kind of safety items am I required. Thanks in advance guys depending on the requirements I hope to see you in the September Speed Runs.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 11:25:01 AM »
Wulfpack, welcome to the forum. This is the place for answers to questions. One thing we usually ask is where you are located so if we know someone in your area that can help it's to your advantage. JD o Dan W.or one of the others will be on board to help with the class info. The SCTA is out of rule books and are already working on next years. As far as safety equipment everything is required just like a full blown race car. There are some lesser requirements but you need a rule book to assure you comply.Good luck on the project.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

landracing

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 11:55:51 AM »
wulfpack,

Welcome to the forums, I would suggest that you attend the September meet, look at the cars, take bunch of pictures to help with your build, and for sure find a rule book... I wouldn't ask to many questions until you have had a chance to look it over. There are alot of things that need to be done and it's hard to be summed up in a couple sentences.

Good luck and we will see you there.
Jon

dwarner

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 06:10:58 PM »
Glen,

This newbie is posting in the ECTA forum. I think that Keith or Joe can direct him to an ECTA rulebook which would be of more help in that venue.

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 06:28:10 PM »
The question was posed in the ECTA discussion segment.
GOTCHA !
Welcome aboard, sometimes you even get too much help, but the advice is usually pretty good.. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 06:41:51 PM »
Dan I saw that after I replyed but figured he would read it anyway. Hope your holiday went well.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

dwarner

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 08:55:55 PM »
Too freakin' hot!!!! I'll be glad to get back to the 90 deg. days at WoS.

DW

Offline t russell

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 09:16:01 PM »
Welcome go to the ecta site you can down load the tech info you need.
terry

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 10:45:49 PM »
You should definitely get a rule book.  Off the top of my head, I'd say the easiest place to start would be in either G/BGSS or G/PS.  The Super street classes look like their really designed for daily drivers like yours.  The big downfall for you is that I believe ALL Blown cars need their driver to have a -20 driving suit (big bux).  You might want to just run 'time only' (up to 135 mph) to get a feel for it and talk with the tech guys while you're there.
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline team_cougar

• Mercury Cougar go fast punk
  • New folks
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 07:29:02 PM »
Good thread.

If the rulebooks are all sold out, is there a pdf that can be had so that we noobs can at least have a look at the rules for 07.
I've got all winter to get my car up to snuff and it would be nice to go in the right direction.

I'm also up for running in Super Street up to 135. What does that class involve?
Andy White
Huntersville NC
1970 Mercury Cougar

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 08:36:42 PM »
Cougar, ECTA still has '07 rulebooks. You can buy one for $10 at the registration trailer anytime during the October meet.

I'm a bike chick so I'll let the car people help you on the class stuff, the car classes are all another language to me!  :-D
Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline team_cougar

• Mercury Cougar go fast punk
  • New folks
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 06:05:15 AM »
Deb,
 It's good to hear that they still have rulebooks available in paper.
 The track is only a hop and a skip from my place in Charlotte, so barring something bad happening, I'll see you all shortly.

Andy
Andy White
Huntersville NC
1970 Mercury Cougar

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 10:52:27 AM »
SCTA had rulebooks for sale at Registration at World Finals '07, and that implies they have 'em at the office back in California, too.  I know they ran out of books at the registration trailer during SpeedWeek, but they have 'em now.  Also -- I think that USFRA has '07 books, too.  Check on their website if you can't find 'em anyplace else.  www.saltflats.com
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 09:41:59 PM »
The ECTA rulebook is pretty closely based on the SCTA book, so you won't be TOO far out to lunch if you use our book and later want to go to the Salt.  We also offer additional classes, like Stock Car to accommodate the Southern climate.  The question of which class to run is always a toughie, as there are so many possibilities far any given combination.  The suggestion to come, look, and ask is right on.

See you there
Dan Stokes
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer