Author Topic: Bub Report  (Read 123699 times)

Offline Matchless Fan

• New folks
Re: Bub Report
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2007, 10:36:20 PM »
Another photo of Leslie before the Crash.  A great and brave woman.

Offline RogueKustoms

• New folks
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2007, 09:48:23 AM »
Geeez, a hottie that has a motorcycle shop, races motorcycles, has a nasty crash and is ready to get right back on the bike and go again, that right there boys is the perfect woman, wait, don't suppose you also have a bar in your bike shop?   :-D

Seriously though, glad that you are essentially OK, well wishes on a speedy recovery!

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2007, 12:46:07 PM »
"So I just have to ask, is it weird to look at that picture & see yourself tumbling from the outside view?"

The first time I saw the pictures, and then the video on youtube, it didn't really sink in that it was even me. My wife has yet to look at any of the pictures or the video. Now it kind of brings back memories of the whole thing, though I think my brain has it on looping video!

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2007, 05:47:34 PM »
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2007, 01:21:18 AM »
anybody know what happened with the JP guys and my old liner? it looks like they only recorded 3 passes.....
kent

Offline peglegcraig

« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2007, 09:59:21 AM »
Kent, I visited the JP pit on Thurs and they were chasing a spark gremlin. Don't know if they found it for sure. It's a great looking liner and will go fast one day I'm sure. Nice bunch of guys too! PLC

Offline vintagemxr

• Old Fahrt
  • New folks
    • Photographs: Cars. Bikes, Airplanes, and People
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »
A great highlight was watching Marty Dickinson, now eighty years old, mount his Vincent with the cameras clicking away and then make a couple 140 mph runs! I bet he has a couple stories to tell...

Would anyone happen to have one of those photos of Dickinson on his Vincent?  A friend of mine new him "way back when" and did some work for him and I think my friend would enjoy seeing the picture.

Thanks,

Doug

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"