Author Topic: Bub Report  (Read 123681 times)

Offline Snail

Re: Bub Report
« Reply #150 on: September 09, 2007, 04:39:33 PM »
I prepaid my entry fee for FIM, got an expensive EKG exam, pre-paid medical, medical, etc. well over a $1K, and spent at least $5K on bike parts...and didn't get to go to Bub's.  Can I roll that over for next year and go first?

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #151 on: September 09, 2007, 05:12:51 PM »
I prepaid my entry fee for FIM, got an expensive EKG exam, pre-paid medical, medical, etc. well over a $1K, and spent at least $5K on bike parts...and didn't get to go to Bub's.  Can I roll that over for next year and go first?

Tell me again, how influential are your sponsors and what did you promise them ? :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
« Reply #152 on: September 09, 2007, 05:59:08 PM »
I just answered some questions on this thread and posted it.  It didn't show up.  What happened?

Offline hayaboosta

« Reply #153 on: September 09, 2007, 06:07:13 PM »
There was a woman on a turbo 'busa, Leslie(?) Porterfield, who went down at speed shortly thereafter, while we were tearing down my bike in impound. I don't know anything about the crash except someone told me she had broken some bones. I do know she had run as high as 194 earlier, so she's not some shrinking violet, she was going for it. I don't know anything about her bike

Anyone hear any updates on this lady? As one of the ambassadors for the broke wing club I'm wondering if we have a new inductee. :wink:
If anyone knows her please pass on our well wishes for a speedy recovery & the hopes that her injuries aren't too severe.

Deb

Leslie should of rolled into Dallas late last night.  She has seven broken ribs and a punctured lung (no flying home).  She has a few other bumps and bruises otherwise in great condition and spirits.  We will be rebuilding her Busa, or building another.  She will be back, rest assured.
200 MPH Club X 7
Bonneville  "Naked"
 El Mirage    "Naked"
  Maxton       "Naked"
   Mojave        "Naked"
    Loring          "Naked"
     Bub 201       "Naked"
      Texas           "Clothed" (by accident)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #154 on: September 09, 2007, 06:21:25 PM »
Max
It is likely another post occured on the same subject as you were typing yours and if after sending it you scrolled down their would be a RED warning to inficate that you might want to read it first.
If you just post it and hope it went, it might not.
Hit the backup button repatedly and hope it brings you back to your original post and send it again.
GOOD LUCK :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
« Reply #155 on: September 09, 2007, 06:46:06 PM »
What's up with this thing?   Just wrote my second message answering questions, posted it and it didn't come up either.  Tried what you suggested, Jack. It didn't work. 

P. S. If this is posted, why aren't the others?

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2007, 06:51:26 PM »
What's up with this thing?   Just wrote my second message answering questions, posted it and it didn't come up either.  Tried what you suggested, Jack. It didn't work. 

It hates you !!!  LOL
Or it may have just timed out.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #157 on: September 09, 2007, 07:10:19 PM »

It hates you !!!  LOL
Or it may have just timed out.

Jack has a point there about the timed out. 

If you are typing in a lot and it takes some time what I do is hold the right mouse button on and drag the mouse over my whole post then right click and then click on "copy".  If it times out and loses it then you can start a new post and right click and "paste" what you had typed and then try re-posting it.

clear as mud uh................  8-) ,

Sum

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #158 on: September 09, 2007, 07:17:37 PM »
I just get Sami to do the long ones.
She works for nuthin I think.
My secretary says "I don't get paid enough." :wink:

Offline panchop

« Reply #159 on: September 09, 2007, 07:22:17 PM »
There was a woman on a turbo 'busa, Leslie(?) Porterfield, who went down at speed shortly thereafter, while we were tearing down my bike in impound. I don't know anything about the crash except someone told me she had broken some bones. I do know she had run as high as 194 earlier, so she's not some shrinking violet, she was going for it. I don't know anything about her bike

Anyone hear any updates on this lady? As one of the ambassadors for the broke wing club I'm wondering if we have a new inductee. :wink:
If anyone knows her please pass on our well wishes for a speedy recovery & the hopes that her injuries aren't too severe.

Deb

Leslie should of rolled into Dallas late last night.  She has seven broken ribs and a punctured lung (no flying home).  She has a few other bumps and bruises otherwise in great condition and spirits.  We will be rebuilding her Busa, or building another.  She will be back, rest assured.
glad to hear she is OK. those plurovacs are a bitch. hope she gets better quickly.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #160 on: September 09, 2007, 07:31:56 PM »

Another brave lady.   Wish her a quick recovery,

Sum

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #161 on: September 09, 2007, 08:48:17 PM »

[/quote]
glad to hear she is OK. those plurovacs are a bitch. hope she gets better quickly.
[/quote]

Glen
Watch yer language !
I never heard a Tex called a "Plurovac" b4.
Dis ain't no Labusas or inside the Medical field.  LOL

Deb: Can you post that picture of her at EM ?

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #162 on: September 09, 2007, 08:53:47 PM »

[/quote]

Glen
Watch yer language !

[/quote]

Jack,

Glen was not the one that said that..

J

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2007, 09:05:01 PM »

Glen
Watch yer language !

[/quote]

Jack,

Glen was not the one that said that..

J
[/quote]
Panchop are another Glen fum Phx. :wink:

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2007, 09:06:44 PM »

Ouch! That's gotta hurt! :( Seven, damn!
Please pass on our well wishes to her. I hope the pain is not too bad and the meds are plentiful!!
Thanks for the update. BTW, was that her personal best top speed? If so pass on a hearty
congratulations to her too! (Sheesh I hope it was her top speed, makes the recovery period
at little easier to handle when you know you're sitting around because you've ran faster then
you've ever been! ;) )
Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol: