Author Topic: Bub Report  (Read 123451 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: Bub Report
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2007, 01:11:04 PM »
the SCTA pre stage was not without incident... on monday i was stuck in one line that barely moved for 4 hours as other lanes smoked by....and so was 2 scta board members (Russ Ayres and Jim Lattin) we were passed by Bob Moreland in another lane.... needless to say the problem got fixed damn fast.... and that folks is the lesson.... it got fixed quickly, that day, and permanently..I think Denis has the ability to identify a problem and come up with a solution.... i think he must be overloaded out there or he would fix the problem. the lack of good salt and not having the ability to run multiple courses doesn't help
kent
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 01:16:36 PM by 1212FBGS »

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2007, 01:17:46 PM »
the SCTA pre stage was not without incident... on monday i was stuck in one line that barely moved for 4 hours as other lanes smoked by....and so was 2 scta board members (Russ Ayres and Jim Lattin) we were passed by Bob Moreland in another lane.... needless to say the problem got fixed damn fast.... and that folks is the lesson.... it got fixed quickly, that day, and permanently..
kent

Guess Bob has a faster car than you guys  :evil:, good thing he wasn't on "bull dog"  :lol:.  You also forgot to mention that he is a board member with less seniority  :wink: , but your point is well taken.  Big changes this year in SCTA and they look to be positive ones for the racer to me  :-) ,

Sum

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2007, 01:55:31 PM »
The easiest and most efficient way to accommodate the multiple requirements of the BUB procedure has been thoroughly explained here before and communicated to the promoter.
It has been done before on the Salt with the mix of National and International record scheduling requirements.
Given proper attention, it works very well with a small crew, and has for a long time. :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2007, 02:08:19 PM »
The easiest and most efficient way to accommodate the multiple requirements of the BUB procedure has been thoroughly explained here before and communicated to the promoter.
It has been done before on the Salt with the mix of National and International record scheduling requirements.
Given proper attention, it works very well with a small crew, and has for a long time. :roll:

Jack do you have a link to that discussion or would you please elaborate??

Thanks,

Sum

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2007, 02:21:50 PM »
I did it on a whole page here, right after the first BUB event in answer to a question from SSS I think.
I went back over my stuff here from just after the first BUB meet in 04, and everything is missing for August and Sept., July skips right to Oct.

:wink:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:36:28 PM by JackD »
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2007, 05:35:59 PM »
All the problems can be eliminated by having Mr. BUB contact Jack D. and have him run the meet. There would be no lines, no complaining, times to run, etc. Evenyone would tell how great it is. There would not be any problem with any part on any M/C as Jacks photographic mind and memory knows everything about every M/C ever built. You would not need to write any records out because he remembers all that too. I just don't see any problems after Jack takes charge.   :roll:
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline desotoman

« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2007, 05:55:24 PM »
 :-D :-) :-( :-o :? 8-) :lol: :x :-P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :wink: :| :mrgreen:

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2007, 06:18:27 PM »
All the problems can be eliminated by having Mr. BUB contact Jack D. and have him run the meet. There would be no lines, no complaining, times to run, etc. Evenyone would tell how great it is. There would not be any problem with any part on any M/C as Jacks photographic mind and memory knows everything about every M/C ever built. You would not need to write any records out because he remembers all that too. I just don't see any problems after Jack takes charge.   :roll:
As evidenced by the lessons learned over time, they need to change the complexion of the event and a number of people are very capable of doing it., and have.
Common sense is a good place to start.:wink:

Offline joea

« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2007, 06:52:03 PM »
Thats really cool that there are folks willing to pay for great
performances.......!!!!!

congrats to the money winners.......and an equal congrats
to those setting personal bests......and record winners...!!

Joe

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2007, 08:25:03 PM »
Scott, thanks for the kind words, but it wasn't just us four, it was about 100 hard and dedicated racers working to make it happen. Wasn't easy but we all love this sport and it was for the racers that worked all year or longer to run their vehicles. Thanks to the racers for working with us and under this side step plus the 2278 runs later on two courses that had us all wondering how long they would last. Thanks to every entry and spectator for your patience.

Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2007, 08:46:28 PM »
Glen will remember the last conversation he had with Higbee at the start the first of the 2 track method used by SCTA.
I do.
He will remember that day forever, and Sami will remember the shoebox full of presents she got at the end of the day.
The results of that day compiled, proofed, and were posted that night in 3 locations, as was the tradition.
I will remember Wendy getting a full set of the weeks previously posted results at the end of the meet within minutes after the Herbert machine ran for the first time.

" Most skills and accomplishments are not lost or forgotten, just ignored." (me) :wink:

Offline WildBro

« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2007, 08:51:55 PM »
I believe there should be a note here that there was a lot of delay at the meet do to the racers.  I did not run the last few days, so I enjoyed watching the runs.  One thing I would see over and over was racers powering to the 6 mile mark ??? and turning off at somewhere around the 7 or 8.  There was even an announcement during the week asking racers not to drive to the 9 mile when it was no were needed to shut down.
Also please note the turn off area was in better condition this week then at speedweek.  This added time on the track made for alot of track time by these racers (the time to find the racer after the turn off sometimes doubled the run time)
Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline Snail

« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2007, 10:18:16 PM »
Good post,  Joe. 

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2007, 10:58:13 PM »
A delay caused by the failure of a racer to follow instructions before being allowed to run, is easily policed by withholding the speed until a suitable discussion has reminded the entrant of their continuing responsibility to others.
 Experience shows it really works and has solved a lot of problems.

Offline WildBro

« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2007, 11:39:40 PM »
A delay caused by the failure of a racer to follow instructions before being allowed to run, is easily policed by withholding the speed until a suitable discussion has reminded the entrant of their continuing responsibility to others.
 Experience shows it really works and has solved a lot of problems.

This method was applied also.  Racers were told if they ran under a 175 on the long, they had to talk to the timer in person.  But there was no accountability for taking a joy ride for a few extra miles.  I believe speedweek moved a long at a good pace because of good shut down practices.
Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas