Author Topic: Bub Report  (Read 123444 times)

dwarner

Re: Bub Report
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 09:25:10 AM »
Bak189 - I don't get it. It took Aaron 9 hrs to make one pass. What's with the paint on the salt? BNI is not allowed to use paint per the BLM.

We thought that you informed us that you can make as many runs as you wish. Maybe Aaron only wants one pass per day.

DW

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 09:28:34 AM »
 Sorry Todd, but I spelled it right, I have several and they occasionally force me to become institutionalized... :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 09:32:56 AM »
I understand more then I want to,
Todd(a patient with patience and a house full of cause)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 10:21:06 AM »
Thanks for the great reporting and pictures.  I don't know how you are finding time to race and report also.  You and Jon manage this well.

So today we got in right ................. She reported lots of wheelspin and only managed 159. So we claimed a new record at 161 and change...............

Only 159!!  I've never had a woman in my life that would run that fast on a bike on the salt for a mile.  In fact I'm not sure I would even do it.  Congrats to her and you also :-),

Sum

landracing

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 10:45:11 AM »
DW,

I too have been disappointed in operational procedures of the meet. Sounds like you MAY get one pass a day and some have reported not even getting one pass.. Bikes are generally faster to get down the track then cars.. And at that almost ALL of the bikes are short course bikes during this meet. And not only that almost ALL drive to the start and return from the runs on their "race" vehicles... This alone should speed up the meet. And they had a seperate track for the Run Watcha Brung vehicles, making less entrants on the main course... It will be interesting to hear what Rex has to say about the functionality of the meet.. This is the fourth year I think of the meet and it hasn't gotten any better for running of the vehicles. From what I have been hearing from the many people calling me on the phone at the meet.

At speedweek with double++ the entries they were able to get one and some even got two passes during the days... I think it has to do with their pre staging lanes, and last year they had radio communication problems...

Just waiting on UPS this morning for the Haltech ECU, and we will be one the way for the last day or two of the meet. Ack called this morning and said winds were very high, some rain came thru and there was rain coming in from the SW this morning.

Maybe all in all this was meant to be for me... First the HALTECH ECU shipping error delaying our departure, then while talking on the phone to Joe the next door neighbors kids football went down a city drain, so I go over and pull this solid iron 3x3 circle of a lid off to get their ball, PULL MY BACK, then yesterday Keilani and I and her parents are sitting in the garage when this harley zooms by our house, soon after a sport bike comes by and right in front of my house grabs full front brake instead of the clutch and endo's the bike.. Not wearing a helmet the first thing that hits is his face, bike skids to a stop about four houses down to the end of the block, the guy skids to a hault next to a pickup about 2 1/2 houses down.. Face full of blood, other guys runs home and gets the dually, they load wrecked bike up and haul ass out of here. Cops, fire, ambulance come no one to be found... They got him at the ER... Maybe this is telling me something about the trip to BUB's..

Jon
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 10:54:17 AM by landracing »

landracing

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 10:59:01 AM »
ooo, yeah, and Keilani caught me this morning adding the "Team Amo Anti-Galling compound" to the intercooler tank this morning, and it wasnt coming out of a bottle...

Jon

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 11:27:55 AM »
I was asked to conduct this meet and turned it down. I am not a bike only person and reading from the past history I think I made the right decision. Best of luck to Rex. Good luck to rest of the meet and the racers and hope the weather lets them complete the meet.
glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

dwarner

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 12:28:46 PM »
"I don't know how you are finding time to race and report"

Sum,

Read previous posts regarding looooong waits for runs.

DW

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »
I am sitting in the LOOOONG line at BUB right now. Ack Attack is next to me, all scraped up and not going anywhere. Jon's other reporters are right that it is taking a very long time to get any runs. I have been here 3 days and only have made 2 runs. I run the long course,but the problem is the long and short course are only one course, and they run 10 shorts for every long. One of the major problems in my mind is that the line starts at the 5 mile marker, then when you are "up" you have to drive your bike or trailer  down  to the start line and then go. It causes mass confusion because you may be in line, but that is not your running order. Just today they changed how things are organized twice. Here it is 11:30 utah time and there has not been any runs. The wind is around 7-13 mph, but many bikes have no problems with that. Another problem is that the line is between pit rows, which are very close together so there is a lot of traffic congestion and cars cannot get by each other.

BUT that being said, all the staff are very helpful and are working their ass off so I appreciate them. I just wish things would go faster so I could get 2 runs in per day. Without doing that, it is impossible to set a record. Yesterday my qualifying run was 221, but since it was the end of the day they said I could not do a return run, and it does not count. The qualifying and return run must be on the same day. Sigh.

Don Pearsall, sweating in my car
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline Pete

• New folks
    • pete2dakar
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2007, 02:20:28 PM »
Aaron,
Figured you must be posting somewhere! Just took me a while to find it.
Good luck and have fun. Say g'day to Susan and Dan.

Offline huntergroup

• New folks
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2007, 04:12:38 PM »
Aaron,

Thanks for the site and the forum.  For those of us who can't be there but have friends and/or relatives who are running, this is about the only place to find anything current about the event.  I like the motorcycle only event, but BUB doesn't do much to keep the rest of the world informed.  I really miss your on-site reporting.  Hope UPS finally came through.

Hunter

Offline huntergroup

• New folks
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2007, 04:39:08 PM »
Jon,

I really miss your on-site reporting.  Hope UPS finally came through. 

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2007, 05:05:34 PM »
Talked to James Rice about 45 minutes ago and he said hi wind this morning prevented any early runs. The wind quit and a few runs were under way before the hard rain hit. Meet is on hold at this time.
Glen :-(
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2007, 05:08:40 PM »
It's a little after 3PM Wendover time -- and I see that they're having a thunderstorm out there right now, with severe storm warnings displayed.  Gee, that doesn't bode well for Bub's, does it?   And while the forecast for the next few days looks pretty good, I wonder if World of Speed is in jeopardy. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Southwest Superbikes

• New folks
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2007, 05:31:20 PM »
I have a flight out in the morning If the meet is canceled, Will some one please post it

Thank You
Good luck to all