Author Topic: Bub Report  (Read 123445 times)

Offline Southwest Superbikes

• New folks
Re: Bub Report
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2007, 05:36:08 PM »
Slim are you at BUB, please let me Know if it is canceled I am flying out in the morning. good Luck.

Richard C. Almond
Southwest Superbikes

racin jason

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2007, 06:17:47 PM »
Richard check in  at southern xposure. i'll buy you a beer!!!!
jason.

Offline joea

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2007, 06:35:23 PM »
ya know I hate to say anything if it is simply not going to help.........
and or is negative...........

so..............Don.........why the %*&^%(*% would they have someone
wait in line......ALL day...........and then be afforded the opportunity......
to "take the course".........to try and qualify........and in your case...
make the run of a lifetime.......the sole purpose/goal of such an event.........
ONLY to be told........"its the end of the day".........and your  record qualifier
"doesn't count"......."try again tomorrow".........that just plain pisses me off..........
and I am not even out there.................

Joe

racin jason

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2007, 06:40:03 PM »
i figured BUB would maybe run until 4 or 5 pm and then do the return runs after the 2 hour limit that would take them to 7pm. give or take.

aswracing

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2007, 06:55:23 PM »
So we raced for a few hours today, then a storm blew in this afternoon and shut it down early. I don't remember exactly when, maybe about 1:00.

The weather is very unsettled and it remains to be seen if we have a race course tomorrow. This thing might be over.

They got a lot more rain in Wendover than we got on the salt. It was kind of funny watching the storms move toward us, coming from town. They largely split, with part of it moving south and part going over the mountains to the north. But enough of it strafed us that we got wet. Lots of lightning and thunder all around. No standing water in the pits when we left at 3:30 or so, but some as we got close to the boat ramp.

We were in line, and suprisingly the line was actually moving today, when the storm came in. So we didn't get a pass.

Kaz got his bike back up and running and was also waiting to go. I guess he ran a pass on the first day and broke it and has been working on it since. Suppose I should pay more attention since technically he and I are competing for the fastest American twin thing. But I'm really much more interested in seeing my wife raise her record a few more mph, which I believe she can do. She's been into the limiter every pass. Just an awful lot more wheelspin than I anticipated. I won't compromise what my wife is doing to go have a shootout with him. If he gets it and we're still monkeying with her bike, it's his.

I have lots more pics but need to make a trip down to the Econo Lodge parking lot to upload them, I'll post them later.

racin jason

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2007, 07:25:47 PM »
 got my wipers on as we speak 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 07:31:57 PM by racin jason »

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2007, 08:09:03 PM »
So we raced for a few hours today, then a storm blew in this afternoon and shut it down early. I don't remember exactly when, maybe about 1:00.

The weather is very unsettled and it remains to be seen if we have a race course tomorrow. This thing might be over.

They got a lot more rain in Wendover than we got on the salt. It was kind of funny watching the storms move toward us, coming from town. They largely split, with part of it moving south and part going over the mountains to the north. But enough of it strafed us that we got wet. Lots of lightning and thunder all around. No standing water in the pits when we left at 3:30 or so, but some as we got close to the boat ramp.

We were in line, and suprisingly the line was actually moving today, when the storm came in. So we didn't get a pass.

Kaz got his bike back up and running and was also waiting to go. I guess he ran a pass on the first day and broke it and has been working on it since. Suppose I should pay more attention since technically he and I are competing for the fastest American twin thing. But I'm really much more interested in seeing my wife raise her record a few more mph, which I believe she can do. She's been into the limiter every pass. Just an awful lot more wheelspin than I anticipated. I won't compromise what my wife is doing to go have a shootout with him. If he gets it and we're still monkeying with her bike, it's his.

I have lots more pics but need to make a trip down to the Econo Lodge parking lot to upload them, I'll post them later.

Aaron,

What is the prize for fastest twin and what is your top speed this week and who is closest to you??

Good Luck,
Scott

aswracing

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2007, 09:00:48 PM »
Scott, the prize is only $1,000. I'm not really sure who all is in the running or where I'm sitting. I have only one pass, and it was only 203.8. Kaz has run in that range in the past. So he may take it, I don't know. Or maybe there's someone else faster. There aren't any results posted anywhere that I'm aware of.

Here's some post-crash Ack pics ...

aswracing

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2007, 09:02:09 PM »
More pictures ...

aswracing

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2007, 09:03:40 PM »
And some more ... I try to take pictures of the more "interesting" bikes, which there are LOTS of here ...

Now HERE's a classy tow rig!

Dick Hilferty, Jerry Branch, Ron Dickey, Don Pettey

racin jason

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2007, 09:54:19 PM »
Jon check your PM's

Offline Hortons Norton

• New folks
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2007, 09:58:47 PM »
Aaron, Great job on the record with Susan! Great team. Do you have any info on the Bennett's? Let the guys know Tim's brother Chuck says hello.

Offline AJR192

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2007, 10:24:51 PM »
Salt Lake just got hit by one of the worst wind/rain/thunderstorms I can ever remember. Winds up to 70 MPH and a possible toronado in Lehi, about 20 miles south of SLC. My power was off for almost two hours. Just came back on and I wanted to post this quick in case it goes out again. Hopefully the salt fared better than here.............

• New folks
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2007, 11:19:52 PM »
How about a Wendover weather report. Do you think the meet will be canceled? I can still cancel my flight.

• New folks
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2007, 11:27:08 PM »
JASON If I get there and it is rained out you are getting on the pole at southern x