Author Topic: El Mirage swim meet  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Carl Johansson

El Mirage swim meet
« on: September 01, 2007, 05:03:52 PM »
I'm sure many of you received the same email I got from George last night -  el mo is no longer a dry lake bed -  good for her -  she needs the time to heal.

So I'm just trying to get a handle on the odds that it will be back in shape by sept 16th.  I'm trying to figure out if i want to leave WOS and go directly to El Mo  -  hell of a week eh!

carl johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline isiahstites

Re: El Mirage swim meet
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 05:16:21 PM »
Carl do you know how much is standing at El Mirage? I missed Speed Week due to not finishing I sure hope things at El Mirage work out so I can finally make a pass on the bike.

Scott

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 05:29:12 PM »
Carl do you know how much is standing at El Mirage? I missed Speed Week due to not finishing I sure hope things at El Mirage work out so I can finally make a pass on the bike.

Scott
Hey scott,
I don't know -  this is what I received from George C.

"As of 9:55 P M Friday  I am looking out at a LAKE. We had heavy rains come through starting about 6:00 P M.  I hope water stays for a while, as it was needed.   With the  BLM--- no longer having any personal assigned to El Mirage,   Starting Saturday morning, the Hi-Desert Club will have someone on Mountain View  Road doing "MUD Patrol" as needed. One BIG problem is, we already have Labor Day weekend camper in Sailor Bay & along the south shore line, most of them look as if they are staying put for the night. We will go out in the morning & direct then off the lake so to do the lease amount of damage. My gate may be the shortest way off the lake. George"

So that's all i know!
and some say I don't even know that!

Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 05:44:07 PM »

Scott
Hey scott,
I don't know -  this is what I received from George C.

"As of 9:55 P M Friday  I am looking out at a LAKE. We had heavy rains come through starting about 6:00 P M.  I hope water stays for a while, as it was needed.   With the  BLM--- no longer having any personal assigned to El Mirage,   Starting Saturday morning, the Hi-Desert Club will have someone on Mountain View  Road doing "MUD Patrol" as needed. One BIG problem is, we already have Labor Day weekend camper in Sailor Bay & along the south shore line, most of them look as if they are staying put for the night. We will go out in the morning & direct then off the lake so to do the lease amount of damage. My gate may be the shortest way off the lake. George"

So that's all i know!
and some say I don't even know that!

Thanks for the update Carl.

Scott

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 06:55:16 PM »
The National Weather Service rain gage at El Mirage got .05" at 6:00 p.m. last night. That's it. None at 7:00 or after. It's 104 as of right now, 3:17 p.m. Saturday. Should dry out pretty quick.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 09:03:50 PM »
Any update on the lake bed?

Scott