Author Topic: SCTA rules...  (Read 7857 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: SCTA rules...
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 11:29:32 PM »
Doesn't a 2003 Mustang Cobra run a 5.?L with an Eaton blower? They have drive belts.

DW

Yep, what I was talking about when he said belts and why I was concerned if he felt he could switch legally to a turbo,

Sum

Offline SteveD

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 12:15:26 PM »
No turbo's allowed in the C/PS class, just factory type supercharger that came eqiped on the vehicle.  We had to make it a 306ci to qualify for the class.  we had to do some things to turn the 4.6 into a 306.

John Romero

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 12:54:23 PM »
Lets make sure we are all talking about the same thing here. the original poster was talking about "Classic Production Supercharged" and somewhere in the thread it got changed to C/PS which is C engine, Production Supercharged (C/PS). There were very few classic production supercharged vehicles ever available.

Production Supercharged does allow turbochargers if the production vehicle being entered originally came with a turbocharger. Like J.D. said, it has to be like for like but it can be much bigger. You CANT replace a screw type S/C with a turbo and call it production supercharged but you CAN replace a T25 turbo with a GT60 and remain in production supercharged.

On production vehicles the general rule is that it has to appear aerodynamically and visually stock (externally) and since the turbo is external on a M/C you pretty much have to keep the stock unit where on a car it's under the hood and not external so you can change it. At least thats how I always understood it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 12:56:11 PM by John Romero »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 04:54:39 PM »
Production Supercharged---Heavy Print '08 rule book:

Speceficaly address types as "TURBOCHARGER or BELTDRIVEN SUPERCHARGER"  doesn't mention what type of belt.. MUST stay with type and number of either as came originally.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!