Author Topic: SCTA rules...  (Read 7868 times)

Offline Gentry

• New folks
    • http://www.autoinstruments.com
SCTA rules...
« on: August 30, 2007, 11:10:17 AM »
Looking at CPS, which is "Classic Production Supercharged", can this be a factory car that came with a turbocharger rather than a supercharger?  There doesn't appear to be another blown class for classic production turbocharged cars.

Any idea when the new records will be posted on the SCTA website?

Thanks,
Gentry

Offline tortoise

Re: SCTA rules...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 12:46:05 PM »
Looking at CPS, which is "Classic Production Supercharged", can this be a factory car that came with a turbocharger rather than a supercharger?  There doesn't appear to be another blown class for classic production turbocharged cars.
Per section 4.FF, a turbocharger is a supercharger.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 01:44:58 PM by tortoise »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 01:39:39 PM »
Gentry
The UN_OFFICIAL records are posted on the SCTA web site. We are in the process of making any corrections
and verifying them at this time so the record certs and dash plaques and proper information is on the trophy's.
It takes a little time as this is also volunteer time away from our regular lives. with over 2200 runs and record runs to sort out it takes time to assure accuracy. I have just finished the 1st go around and have sent them to J.D.Tone and the SCTA records group.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 09:45:50 PM »
I had a similar question.  Does the production supercharged car have to run the same supercharger as originally equipped or can you upgrade to a super-duper-mammer-jammer supercharger and still qualify in the class?
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 01:24:00 AM »
Does the word "production" ring a bell?
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 01:30:14 AM »
I do not know of ANY productiion turbocharger vehicle running PS or CPS with a stock sized turbo. Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 01:57:32 AM »
It is required with bikes, and not so with cars.
The visual rule as presented to run is the difference. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline SteveD

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 02:29:05 AM »
If we can run a turbo in the CPS class we can stretch the rec big time.  We were running 213 record breaking belts.  If were allowed a turbo the record would be in big trouble.  Let me know cause I'll be your newest challenger for the class.  I have built the last 2 cars to set the CPS car records 2006 and 2007.  I will shoot for 2008 with a turbo!

dwarner

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 08:52:35 AM »
You can run a bigger turbo if you wish.

The C/CPS record is 222.226 set at World of Speed by new 2 club member Mark Miller. Look for this car to be faster next year when Josie takes the seat, she weighs 1/2 the pounds of mark. See Danica Patrick controversy from earlier this year.

DW

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 11:18:42 AM »

The C/CPS record is 222.226 set at World of Speed by new 2 club member Mark Miller. Look for this car to be faster next year when Josie takes the seat, she weighs 1/2 the pounds of mark. See Danica Patrick controversy from earlier this year.

DW

I thought more weight at bville was better?

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 11:20:43 AM »

DW

Dan did the car have to come with a turbo in the turbo in the first place??

Josie might run slower if she is too light and the car spins the tires ,

Sum 

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 12:10:54 PM »
"More or less weight is less important than the right weight in the right spot., even girls know that." (me)  :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

dwarner

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 10:45:01 PM »

Yes, maybe.

A blower is a blower. I think if the car came with a turbo it would have to use a turbo in a Production class. If it came with a roots or screw type it would have to run that style in a Production class. It is production after all. Removing a 6PSI Eaton from a 5L Ford and replacing it with a giant turbo just isn't in the spirit of the class now is it?

DW

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 11:18:58 PM »

Yes, maybe.

A blower is a blower. I think if the car came with a turbo it would have to use a turbo in a Production class. If it came with a roots or screw type it would have to run that style in a Production class. It is production after all. Removing a 6PSI Eaton from a 5L Ford and replacing it with a giant turbo just isn't in the spirit of the class now is it?

DW

Yep, I totally agree.  I was asking since Steve's post seemed to suggest that maybe they were going to run a turbo when maybe the car didn't have one to begin with and I hated for them to find out in August.

If we can run a turbo in the CPS class we can stretch the rec big time.  We were running 213 record breaking belts.  If were allowed a turbo the record would be in big trouble.  Let me know cause I'll be your newest challenger for the class.  I have built the last 2 cars to set the CPS car records 2006 and 2007.  I will shoot for 2008 with a turbo!

Now I know Ford had turbo 4 cyl., but was not aware of a V-8 coming with one and I think that is what he would run. He talks about breaking belts and I would assume that those were blower belts.  Steve what do you have in mind??

Sum

dwarner

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 11:24:47 PM »
Doesn't a 2003 Mustang Cobra run a 5.?L with an Eaton blower? They have drive belts.

DW