Author Topic: Car Museum, Winnemucca, Nevada  (Read 2237 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Car Museum, Winnemucca, Nevada
« on: August 27, 2007, 03:45:54 PM »
A note to the will be Car Museum in Winnemucca, Nevada.

After the Speedweek I drove to Winnemucca to see what's up with this car museum.

1. There will be a museum, build by a San Diego (millionaire) business man - this guy is originally from Winnemucca.

2. Two weeks before the Speedweek there was a celebration - the restoring of a old workshop with some garages behind - this will be later the restore shop for the museum.

3. This workshop is about a 1/12 of the whole area - the other area will be filled with a two floor museum and parking lots.

4. The museum building will be open in app. a year - this is the current time schedule.

5. When you drive along the interstate, leave exit 178 (the middle exit of Winnemucca), turn south into town.
Just 100 yards south of the interstate is on the left side a intersection into the East Winnemucca Blvd.
The area begins on the main road, up the hill you can see the restored workshop - all the other area is gravel.

6. What I heard, this museum will be the coming home for Al Teague's Betsy (Speed a Motive Streamliner) and the Bentley roadster.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)