Author Topic: SfI 3.2A/20 one piece? or can it be 2 parts?  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Carl Johansson

SfI 3.2A/20 one piece? or can it be 2 parts?
« on: August 27, 2007, 02:51:54 PM »
I can't find my rule book -  probably because I am looking all over my office -  and the book is at home -  40 miles away!

are there such things as 2 piece SFI 20 suits -  if so -   are they allowed?

Carl - "getting old -  the loss of flexibility is cramping my style" Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline Dave Cox

• http://www.olddeadcars.com
Re: SfI 3.2A/20 one piece? or can it be 2 parts?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 03:43:53 PM »
Mine's from Deist, and it's a 2 piece.

Offline Evil Tweety

• Read more on Evil Tweety
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 03:58:33 PM »
Just my two bits - the one pieces are a PITA when you are walking around and only want the bottoms on - having to wrap the arms around your waist, etc..

But in a fire, I think I'd really rather have it on than a two piece - seems like the gap between the top and bottom risks opening up as you are trying to exit the vehicle . . . if there's fuel splashing around and you aren't wearing the right sort of clothing underneath . . .

Not speaking from experience, but just my input.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 04:52:20 PM »
SFI Spec is just that.
If there is a zipper as in a 2 part suit, the zipper area has additional protection to maintain the rating. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

John@JE Pistons

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 06:17:16 PM »
Carl,

A 2-piece SFI 20 suit if legal and fine, I have one and it also makes it easy to clean..although Nancy wore it last.. :-D

Offline Evil Tweety

• Read more on Evil Tweety
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 06:45:23 PM »
SFI Spec is just that.
If there is a zipper as in a 2 part suit, the zipper area has additional protection to maintain the rating. :wink:

Now that makes more sense. 

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 08:57:26 AM »
Hey, John!  Do you still have the firesuit?  I thought I saw a posting that you were going to/had already sold it.  If you've still got it -- we'd like to borrow it for World of Speed (again).  We're both going to ride a car into the 150 Club (we hope, we hope).  We need the whole works -- everything from shoes up to head sock (assuming that's required in 150 Club, but if not -- well, not).  Let me know and I'll pay for shipping to Bville or maybe you're going to WoS and will take it there for us, or maybe some other racer can fetch it to us from you.  Or maybe you'll sell it to us.  Please let me know.

To everyone else:  In case John doesn't have the suit -- we need one for World of Speed.  I'm tall and have size 14 feet.  Nancy's not tall, but she's -- ummm, ahhh, full-chested, so we need something that'll fit her, too.  If you can help us -- please let me know either by PM or direct email to:  jon@infodestruction.com or even a phone call to 1 800 800 3945 (office number, leave message if I'm out).

Thanks in advance, John or whomever else comes to our rescue.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 10:07:03 AM »
I'm tall and have size 14 feet.  Nancy's not tall, but she's -- ummm, ahhh, full-chested, 

Thanks in advance, John or whomever else comes to our rescue.

Shouldn't you sign Jon (master of the understatement) AKA Seldom Seen Slim...  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 02:05:01 PM »
If your having one made consider what I call the Bernstein tail. Kenny's suits were always long in the back and overlapped the pants by about a foot. Make sure your collar velcro strap on the collar is longer than normal. If you wear a standard head sock and a helmet skirt it will come in handy.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro