Author Topic: Follow up about AGL 575.  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Old Gringo

• I only drive with the motor not running.
Follow up about AGL 575.
« on: August 21, 2007, 09:55:55 PM »

We had a great time at Speed Week. Many of you stopped by our pit and as we waited at the start line. This has to be the most friendly group of competitors any where. Everyone was complimentary and wished us the best of luck. We were able to get five runs and and two of our drivers licensed at the C and B level. We will return in October to continue our licensing runs. All in all a successful meet.
 In an earlier post some of you had questions and suggestion's that I will try to address. The drivers compartment was a concern of some of you as to whether the jaws of life could open up the space to remove an injured driver. I am including a quote from the Hurst site.
( Want maximum cutting force?  The Centaur MOC Ultra is our most powerful cutter to date.  Delivering up to an incredible 213,560 lbs. of cutting force, this tool will dominate even the most demanding rescue scenes.  Weighing in at only 41.4 lbs., it can cut up to 1.6" steel bar with power to spare.) 
 The air slot over the engine was seen as too small and not up above the boundary layer. Our fabricators and engine people felt that what we have will work for this engine. When we change to different engine package we will readdress the air intake.
 The visibility is probably in the 150 degree area. I'm not a driver but I have been in the seat while the car was being towed to the start line and could see very well.
 Am including pics taken at Speed Week.
 Not all of my pic's came thru. Let's try again.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 05:16:55 PM by Old Gringo »
Ex Hound Dog Crew Chief. Retired Xeroid.

Offline t russell

Re: Follow up about AGL 575.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 09:53:41 PM »
Very nice car

Offline firemanjim

Re: Follow up about AGL 575.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 12:31:18 AM »
Gringo ,if you need any experienced answers I worked on the rescue truck for 7 years and both my brothers are still on truck companies--I got promoted and moved to an engine.With the vast array of rescue tools available nowadays it is possible to disassemble a vehicle in record time, shears, rams, spreaders, you name it,all more powerful and lighter than the Hurst Tool of old.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!