Author Topic: Best of luck to all Speed Week Competitors  (Read 10620 times)

Offline SnowTech

• New folks
Best of luck to all Speed Week Competitors
« on: August 07, 2007, 10:02:49 AM »
Well it's about that time.  I just found out that I'm going to Speed Week!  I'll actually be heading out to Wendover on Thursday from Colorado Springs and I plan on staying until Monday or Tuesday.  I'll be inspecting cars all day Friday and Saturday so if anyone would like to stop by and say hello or if anyone has any water/methanol injection tuning questions you know where to find me.  Best of luck to all competitors.  Quoting Mr. Bill Taylor, "go fast, have fun, and be safe". 

See ya on the salt.

Nate

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Best of luck to all Speed Week Competitors
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 11:55:43 PM »
Well it's about that time.  I just found out that I'm going to Speed Week!  I'll actually be heading out to Wendover on Thursday from Colorado Springs and I plan on staying until Monday or Tuesday.  I'll be inspecting cars all day Friday and Saturday so if anyone would like to stop by and say hello or if anyone has any water/methanol injection tuning questions you know where to find me.  Best of luck to all competitors.  Quoting Mr. Bill Taylor, "go fast, have fun, and be safe". 

See ya on the salt.

Nate

It was good to meet you Nate and thanks for the help on the salt.  I can't prove it, but I think the water injection might of helped save our motor when we ran without the water pump on the first run all the way to the 5.

Also we were able to run 14+ lbs. of boost all the way to the 5 vs. 8 lbs. last year on gas.  Since we had to do motor work and only got to run Thursday (qualified on our record of last year) and Friday we didn't get in many runs, but I think with a better course we would have accomplished our goal of 250.  Hooley ran 243 out the back door for a new high for us and was only able to run 100% throttle in small increments.

I'm a believer in your product and we will be running with it next year for sure.

c ya,

Sum 

Offline SnowTech

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 06:03:46 PM »
Wow sorry for taking so long to get back on here but I'm real glad to have met you and Loyd.  He did give me a call once he got back home so I heard the full story about your run of less-than-good luck from the Stude to the drive home.  Either way, it's racing and we're all out there to have fun.  I'm sure we'll see 250+ next year.

Nate

Offline BHR301

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 11:05:00 AM »
A little late aren't we? The posts were from 2007...

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 11:32:57 AM »
A spambot got in here yesterday and used the old post to hang his stuff  on us.  I nuked it, but the old post, minus him, stayed here.  That's all, folks.  Your friendly head handlebar holder does stuff once in a while. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 11:44:28 AM »
A spambot got in here yesterday and used the old post to hang his stuff  on us.  I nuked it, but the old post, minus him, stayed here.  That's all, folks.  Your friendly head handlebar holder does stuff once in a while. . .

Thanks, Slim. Yoopers rule!
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ