Author Topic: Marlo Treit's Liner  (Read 251002 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Marlo Treit's Liner
« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2009, 11:38:50 PM »
Wow Frued, 110 miles to foto the car  :-o for us that is dedication, thank you.  We may give you some crap but we do appreciate your efforts.  Makes my trips with the old Brownie to Max's place all the way across town seem insignificant.
Keep up the good work.
Do you think Marlo will have the car at home in July? I'm going to Seattle, then down into the Oregon Wine country around the 4th.  More on that with you later. 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Freud

« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2009, 12:21:05 AM »
Stainless, when I see u out here, and behaving properly, we will consider letting u see the project.

Bring a note from your Mother. Without it, you may not be allowed access.

Make certain that your Green Card is current and that your Witness Protection People are not notified.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2009, 02:42:44 PM »
Freud, don't worry about Stainless's security clearance.  While at the Reunion a month ago Jon Amo and I were riding with him -- looking for a store that you had told him about -- and he mentioned his past life as part of the military-industrial complex -- and the super-duper high security clearance he had.  Something about being allowed to visit almost any landfill in the nation without even having an armed guard accompany him.

He's okay -==- just ask him.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2009, 08:14:45 PM »
  Bob, If you have a spare day, I would be glad to take you up to Jim's shop.  Thats the good news.  The bad news is the Buffalo are gone, however, the b.s. remains....................
  When you firm up your schedule, we can see if Jim will be around.  Figure on a twelve hour day. Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2009, 10:49:44 PM »
Thanks Bob and Freud, I have to go by the post office and make sure the pictures are down, then we will see from there...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Freud

« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2009, 11:17:35 PM »

I told you people that as soom as I had any information about the updated front end components I would post it. Marlo receved this info and these fotos.

FREUD

Marlo,

I have attached a couple more photos.  These are the inner (crowned teeth) and outer shafts.  They are in heat treat as I'm writing this.  Final grinding is all that remains after heat treat.  I've got my fingers crossed that I can start assembly next week.  I have one part (spindle nut lock) at our laser cutter, should be here Mon or Tues.  I'll give you an update once I start putting everything together.

Bret
Bret Goethe
Mark Williams Enterprises
Since '63

Offline Nexxussian

« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2009, 08:09:55 AM »
WOW.

I've been hearing about this car but this is the first time I've seen anything of it.

Awe inspiring.

In the dictionary by craftsmanship there should be a picture of this car.
Just happy to be here. :-D

Erik

Offline Freud

« Reply #217 on: April 07, 2009, 02:05:45 AM »
The sheet metal is being fitted from the cowl back right now.

The canopy is large enough that with the desired speeds there will be tremendous pressure on the canopy, wind screen area.

So there is a support piece to go inside the canopy area. With the curves to match the inside shape of the windscreen area and the

number of welds, it is difficult to keep the support piece in exact contact with the canopy. This piece is extremely close to being perfect.

In the following fotos I'll show how the support piece will be attached to the canopy release mechanism.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #218 on: April 07, 2009, 02:18:32 PM »
With the canopy and support positioned on the chassis I can describe the drivers viewing area. The felt pen defined vertical area will be the approximate height of the drivers view. It will extend toward the periphery probably as much as 10" on each side. The windshield area will start small and be enlarged.  There are several different materials being considered for the windshield.

The second shot is a view from inside. Near the bottom of the foto is the hinge and release knob. The hinge and release were discussed earlier.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #219 on: April 07, 2009, 05:15:45 PM »
Just to keep the the end result in mind, here's a shot of the model.

FREUD

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 05:27:00 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline desotoman

« Reply #220 on: April 07, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »
Just to keep the the end result in mind, here's a shot of the model.

FREUD

Freud,

I look at that picture every day as it is by my computer. I cannot wait until Marlo is finally ready to run. When he does I will be there.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Freud

« Reply #221 on: April 07, 2009, 05:27:46 PM »
Tom, I promise, You will be well informed as that day gets closer.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #222 on: April 07, 2009, 05:38:34 PM »
Boy -- that's some rough-looking salt!  The clusters must be 3 or 4 inches high!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Freud

« Reply #223 on: April 07, 2009, 08:03:41 PM »
Well, not really. The model is only about 4" or 4 1/2" tall. I just didn't smooth the salt with Photoshop.

The model is either 1/10 or 1/12 scale.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #224 on: April 08, 2009, 12:08:03 AM »
One foto I overlooked.

FREUD
Since '63