Author Topic: Missing Link ?  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Larry Forstall

Missing Link ?
« on: July 02, 2007, 10:20:10 AM »
Many of you are familiar with my Project 260. It seemed so easy back in 03 when it ran a mile at 251 and set two records as a hardtail. (The fastest unless Big D is also solid). Well the gremlins soon appeared as the mickey mouse wiring corroded in 2004. For 05 Dave Dahlgren's EMS solved those problems giving me space shuttle quality. Alas SpeedWeek conditions were poor. 06 brought records at BUB but the bike would not go straight above 230. You try twisting the throttle when you know  :evil: lurks below. So here it is in 2007 with suspension. The Penske engineer was kind enough to come to the chassis shop to oversee the installation. The shocks are sealed snowmobile units. We will try again at the WOS. Enclosed are before and after shots and our pups just because they are cute.  :-D 

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: Missing Link ?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 10:53:19 AM »
Suspension tuning for a track that is not only unpredictable but changes from run to run.
It is like studying from a book all year and being expected to play a band instrument you never got to practice with when you show up for the concert.
Tough Job ! :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

landracing

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 07:37:38 PM »
Larry,

I thought the last picture was of your racers... I just cant tell which one is Steve and which one is mark??? :) :)

Suspension looks good and I hope things turn out good for you this year and your team... Why not BUB's meet?

Jon

Offline gazza414

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 08:21:31 PM »
Good luck with your project Larry, certainly looks like a great bike that can do the job.....ya woulda thought going in a straight line is simple :roll:
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice