Author Topic: Safety Equipment questions  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Mile High Talon

• High Mileage Racer
  • New folks
    • http://groups.msn.com/MileHighTalon
Safety Equipment questions
« on: July 28, 2007, 02:42:35 PM »
After purchasing a T67 turbo, injectors, a wide-band O2, Aeromotive FPR, ACT forged steel flywheel, a Spec Stage 3+ clutch, a 1/4" x 2" scattershield, & a Kirkey drag seat, happily, my racing budget for this year will allow for more safety modifications to my '95 Eagle Talon TsiAWD with a factory moon roof that I'll need in the future to run SCTA-BNI events. 3 multi-part questions for today:

1) I currently have a 1.75" .120 wall CS 4-pt. roll-bar and run in USFRA 150 Club. I'm going to complete an 8-pt. off the existing hoop. The rule book shows a piece of tubing longitudinally on either side with a cross-brace placed laterally running along the windshield. Is this correct; or should/can it be a one-piece halo running up, across, and back to the rear hoop with a leg running down at the front on both sides?

2) With a factory moon roof what material, size, number, and locations of tabs, and/or straps are needed, and what size/type of fasteners? Do I also need to weld-on or bolt-in a sheet metal panel or additional tubing above the roll-cage under the moon roof? If sheet metal, what gauge and type? If tubing, the number of tubes, spacing, and orientation longitudinally or laterally? Or would it be advisable to weld-in or bolt-in a custom-made reinforced sheet metal panel in place of the moon roof to make it a "closed" car?

3) Material, size, number, location, and size/type of fasteners required for front and rear windshield tabs or straps?

Thanks for your help,
James
'95 Talon TSiAWD daily driver
www.milehightalon.net
WoS '06 148.36887mph @ 280,000mi.
Profile photo by 'Porkpie' Graf