Author Topic: Bonneville Newspaper missing stuff?  (Read 9135 times)

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
Bonneville Newspaper missing stuff?
« on: July 24, 2007, 08:39:33 PM »
I just received my Bonneville news today and not 1 word or picture of John Noonan breaking the sidecar record at El Mirage.  Not 1 picture of him breaking the track record, is the SCTA picture taker or Bonneville newspaper got something against John?  Whats up with that?  Hell, they put a good shot of Kent on his 750cc bike but John was slighted or overlooked???  splain that to me lucy.

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline jimmy six

Re: Bonneville Newspaper missing stuff?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 09:52:12 PM »
Did the BRN have any coverage of the July El Mirage Meet?
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline RichFox

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 10:24:41 PM »
The last one I got has the June meet in it. It has been here for a week or so. I don't think Wendy has anything against John.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 10:26:32 PM »
The July issue isn't out yet
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 11:32:34 PM »
The July issue isn't out yet
"Say Goodnight Gracie." :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 11:37:13 PM »
Do you have to be a club member to get the BRN. Cuz, I've been a member of BNI since Jan. and have never gotten one???    :?
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline NArias3

• Arias Components
    • Arias Components Engineered
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 11:44:19 PM »
If you're referring to the Bonneville Racing News (BRN), I suggest you contact the editor; Wendy Jeffries.  Her email addy is salt@pollybutte.net.  Wendy and Doc were always pretty fair with their reporting.

I don't think anyone on this forum has much influence over what gets printed (except maybe Rich and his neat D.I.Y. articles). 

BTW, the BRN is not affiliated with the SCTA.

Nick 3rd.
SCTA Gear Grinder.

https://ariascomponents.com

Offline RichFox

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 11:56:39 PM »
ol38ply  You need to subscribe to the BRN.

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 12:08:41 AM »
thanks, subscribing is on my list for tomorrow.  :-D
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 12:42:26 AM »
Wendy has been doing a good job of getting the BRN's out and doing a good job of reporting. It does take time to get a periodical out in the print media.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 12:13:12 PM by 836dstr »

Offline wendy BRN

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »
I ears were ringing - that means someone is talking about you.!  Here it is straight from the horse's mouth. I love Noonan.  He TALKS and gives me good information I can use in the captions. 

The July results will be in the next issue.  I always try to get a variety of photos in from issue to issue so you aren't seeing the same vehicles over and over.  Record setters are my first choice, if I have a good photo.  Some times I use a good photo that has a caption of interest to go with it even though it wasn't a record.   I try not to use the same vehicle twice in a row but as we approach the end of the points race that sometimes has to change.

If you want to see your picture in the Bonneville Racing News, flag me down and tell me about your entry.  (short blond with glasses/sunglasses and a camera).  Better yet, send me an article, pictures, or a hodgepodge of information I can put into an article or caption.  If you did something terrific and want to make sure I don't miss it e-mail salt@pollybutte.net or call 951-926-2277

ECTA guys - I really need help there!

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 12:44:13 PM »
hey Wendy
i haven't seen the June issue with my bike in it yet but thanks.
and thanks for coming out on those hot Sundays to report on what we do.
kents

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 01:06:22 PM »
For those that feel neglected and can't accommodate even one of all the offers that Wendy has on the table we have what you need.
It is a self sticking photo of you in the pose of your choice, you can put in the paper, and the caption can be written by you also.
They are offered in a combination of black and white and other colors are at an extra charge.
We offer business card, wallet, and wall hanger sizes to suit your other needs.
This is not a BRN enterprise but meant to fill the needs of the needy.
Wendy does a great job with much less thanks than she deserves, but can't hold everybody's hand.
Wendy will be going into the Dry Lakes Hall of Fame this year and that is due in large part to her ability to listen.  :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

John@JE Pistons

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 02:33:56 PM »
First off Wendy does a great and often thankless job and I do take delight like many others when you see your name "in lights" however I spoke with Guy and what he and others have mentioned is that the 2 bikes that set some very fast records this past meet at Elmo were essentially left out from being covered with regards to a picture of either of them for the website and also lack of coverage from the first and second meet when the sidecar bike ran over 187 mph.  One being the fastest bike to ever run at El Mirage (235+) and the other which set the first official record for a sidecar motorcycle at a speed greater than 200 mph (216+)

I also note that the Moreland Noonan Lux rear engine modified roadster was (so far) excluded from any similar coverage with regards to the first 3 of 6 meets, I understand why...two of them look like they are owned by Knapp  :-P

Either way I would rather have the records and a lack of coverage rather than the opposite.

And as always thank you to all of the volunteers that make this happen and again thank you Wendy for what you do and I suggest for everyone to subscribe to the Bonneville racing news!!

John

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 02:41:58 PM by John@JE Pistons »

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 03:04:29 PM »
  (short blond with glasses/sunglasses and a camera).  [/quote]

You can't oversee Wendy...just a running meter...

...hello Wendy, I will be back in August....and this time I'm getting the big Can(n)on with me.....so remind me to burn you the CD ROM before I leave Bonneville...
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)