Author Topic: El Mo race reports after 3 events!!  (Read 9648 times)

dwarner

Re: El Mo race reports after 3 events!!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 08:19:29 AM »
Anyone remember Ray Torrez?

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 09:53:48 AM »
Anyone remember Ray Torrez?

DW
Would that be of the "Run fuel in the gas class and your all star driver can deny any knowlwdge and remain pure class" ?
 :wink:
"Some go to class too and have more in the end." (me)
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

John@JE Pistons

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 10:59:23 AM »
Banned, he never appealed, and KH sat out a year..

J :mrgreen:

dwarner

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 11:15:33 AM »
John,

For a new guy you know your history well - I should have excluded jack from answering.

DW

John@JE Pistons

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 11:59:16 AM »
Dan,

I try to pick up some of the history when I can, it still amazes me when I think of the people like Freud, Scott, Porkpie etc that have either the great memories of racing or better yet to have met the people that set the records that now make up "the history I am trying to learn" before me.

J

Offline Freud

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 12:10:21 AM »
Thanks John. You just made me remember the people that have established a lot of the history, but.......Barrett, Rick Vesco, Tom Bryant and Rick White  have so much more to report than do I. We certainly have lost a lot recently. Scotty, Jim Lindsley, Bob Summers, Bob Higbey, Don Vesco, LeRoy Neumeyer, Don Francisco and Nolan have all slipped away. Barrett and Opperman could complete the names.
Strange as it seems I feel like a kid, act like a kid and am now "an oldtimer." I had a fellow with a grey beard come up to me last year and say, " Hey fellow, I remember you when I was a kid. My Dad bought a picture from you."
My biggest solace is that Neil Thompson has returned to the salt. He can always cover my slipping memory.
FREUD
Since '63

Super Kaz

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 05:31:26 PM »
Congrats John and Bob!

John, you are back with a vengeance and making the SDRC proud. 

What a Difference from "when you made me CARTWHEELL HER on the Salt with just my shorts ,and shoes on " during you Bonneville Rookie Day's:cry:! You sure have done allot of Great Things to Her and Your Result's Prove it all WORKED 8-)!
AWESOME JOB  BOTH John, Bob,AND everyone that helped out with the bike and rider  :-D!