Author Topic: Golf Carts at Speed Week  (Read 3068 times)

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
Golf Carts at Speed Week
« on: July 21, 2007, 01:08:55 AM »
I'm to the point where we're planning our pit arrangement. I have read where Go Karts are not allowed and I can see the reasoning for that. But, are Golf Carts allowed.  :?

Secondly, I was wondering if we can leave anything on the salt overnight. I have heard that there used to be security on the salt at nite but haven't seen anything mentioned about the current procedures. I want to bring a m/c lift and don't really want to load it up every nite.

Lastly, Scott, you don't have time to be reading this...  Get back to work. We can both use the special track to finish tuning...  I expect to see your bike there.   :wink:

Larry   #591  1350 M-PG
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline bvillercr

Re: Golf Carts at Speed Week
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 01:17:33 AM »
since when did golf carts get banned?  There is security in the pits, everyone is told to leave about 30 minutes after sundown give or take a beer or two. 

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 01:27:21 AM »
I just wanted to make sure about the golf cart, didn't want to haul it all the way there and not be able to use it.

But, nobody said we could only have 2 beers. I might have to rethink this whole thing now... :lol:

Thanks   :-D
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 01:36:28 AM »
If you feel the need to pound more than 2 beers after the sun goes behind the mountain then go for it.  The security will tell you to leave as soon as you can and then they will make there rounds around the pit area and then kick you out when they make it back to you.  Some guards will share a beer, but don't tell anyone.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 01:44:41 AM »
I'm to the point where we're planning our pit arrangement. I have read where Go Karts are not allowed and I can see the reasoning for that. But, are Golf Carts allowed.  :?

Secondly, I was wondering if we can leave anything on the salt overnight. I have heard that there used to be security on the salt at nite but haven't seen anything mentioned about the current procedures. I want to bring a m/c lift and don't really want to load it up every nite.

Lastly, Scott, you don't have time to be reading this...  Get back to work. We can both use the special track to finish tuning...  I expect to see your bike there.   :wink:

Larry   #591  1350 M-PG

I am going back to the garage now.........

landracing

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 02:24:21 AM »
Security is on the salt every night of the meet. You can leave anything out you want... I have never heard of anything disappearing overnight except what the wind takes because you didnt put it away..

Many people use golf carts out there, will have to get extra pit pass for them I believe....

Jon

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 01:01:24 PM »
Security is on the salt every night of the meet. You can leave anything out you want... I have never heard of anything disappearing overnight except what the wind takes because you didnt put it away..

Many people use golf carts out there, will have to get extra pit pass for them I believe....

Jon

BEWARE!!
The Easy-up gnomes have been known to chew up and deposit shade structures many miles from where they were left.