Author Topic: points  (Read 4683 times)

Offline gofaster

• New folks
 I was a spectator at the last meet and I saw some great runs but I have noticed that the ecta website has not been updated with the current records or points standings.  I have also noticed that the home page has been updated.   just curious about the rest...................................Great job to everyone!!! 

Offline RayKimbro

• Go fast, be safe - don't mess up
Re: points
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 04:33:13 PM »
Not an official ECTA answer, but, my understanding is that there was a computer failure, and the meet results were being manually re-keyed from the hardcopy of the runslips.  This isn't a small undertaking - I'm certain that our Timing Tent folks are doing all that they can to quickly provide the results online.

Don't BS on the track - that's what the internet is for.

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 05:18:32 PM »
Welcome to the fold!  Always glad to have new folks.  Hope you had a great time.  I got drawn in a year ago last April, and have only missed one meet since.  Somehow, I became the volunteer coordinator, so if you would like to work with us, drop me an E-mail and I'll find you a spot - we always need folks.

I believe Ray is correct on the points, but I, too, and not the authority.  It's a nasty job, and Tonya and Donna (the two lovely ladies you saw in the trailer) along with Debby Dross (our tumbling biker) are working on this - bless 'em!

I, too, am waiting on the points with baited breath (of course, the guys say my breath ALWAYS smells like bait).  The light blue Camaro is mine, and we picked up a bunch of points last meet, now that I have found a competent driver - not me.  So we'll see where the chips fall.

Hope we see you in September
Dan

I was a spectator at the last meet and I saw some great runs but I have noticed that the ecta website has not been updated with the current records or points standings.  I have also noticed that the home page has been updated.   just curious about the rest...................................Great job to everyone!!! 
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 09:17:57 AM »
"with bated breath":  With a sense of anxiety or excitement.
"with baited breath":  Somebody's been eating the minnows and nightcrawlers.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 10:22:16 AM »
What makes you think that was a mistake?  Just going by what youse guys tell me!

See y'all soon
Dan

"with bated breath":  With a sense of anxiety or excitement.
"with baited breath":  Somebody's been eating the minnows and nightcrawlers.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 11:24:34 PM »
Jon, if you lived in Louisiana instead of the UPM you would understand having baited breath, mud bugs give it to ya.   :|  Dern English police are the worst types...  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline t russell

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 11:30:31 PM »
Dans on the coast so its most likely shrimp on his breath :lol:
terry

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 02:53:53 PM »
I wish it could be, but I'm allergic to 'em.  I'd rather be allergic to - say - Brussel Sprouts.  Fresh shrimp are showing up at roadside stands now, and friends tell me that they're WONDERFUL.  Wilmington's interesting - we can get fresh (never frozen) shrimp and home-grown 'maters at the same roadside stand.

See y'all soonish
Dan

Offline HANGIN ON

• New folks
re;points
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 12:46:09 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the points,i'm actually more interested in the record
section.We have alot of bench racing buddies that is giving us a little crap,this should keep them at bay until the update,and again,congrats to Jimmy Toop on his
record in mps/f/750-4,tough assignment taking on the points leader.And I definately
say with baited breath,thanks again.

Offline sabat

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 05:01:58 PM »
Points, records, run logs are up

Thanks to Tonya Turk and Debbie Dross who had to dedicate extra work to getting things straight.

Dean

« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 01:35:51 PM by sabat »

Offline nickelcityracing

• nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 02:40:25 PM »
good job and congrats to Tonya and Debbie on a job well done....happy to see the ecta site back up to date...thanks Jody/Trillium
www.nickelcityracing.com
Trillium-Maxton 2 club---FASTEST WOMAN ON A MOTORCYCLE
Jody-220mph naked..maxton 200 club-236.6 mph top speed
2003 RCC ULTRA TURBO BUSA
THANKS SPONSORS:RCC turbos-JE Pistons-MTC-Elka-Suzuki Canada-Brock's-Northbay cycle-Dyno Jet

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
Yes congrats on getting it up.  Software can be a pain in the *** when it is acting up. 
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 12:09:54 AM »
Cool to see where we are in the standings.  I didn't accomplish squat last meet, but "My" driver, Jon, kicked some serious butt and moved us into 5th!  I just hope I don't have to start paying him!  When do we have to start doing the hat ritual like the NASCAR guys?

Thanks Jon, and my "pit crew' with their magic tape

Dan