Author Topic: John Noonan is my HERO,and The World's Fastest Man on a Motorcycle anywhere!  (Read 11549 times)

Offline Flyboy

• Graduate National Test Pilots School,
    • http://WWW.SKYDANCERLE.COM
Congratulations John-- Way to go!
One Fast ZX-14
Three World and Four AMA Land Speed Records
One Fast Cessna Turbo 210

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
Congratulations John! You had an excellent weekend. 235 mph at El Mirage is amazing. You just keep raising the bar for everyone else. That record will stand for a while, I am sure.

Don Pearsall
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline joea

Dude......thats Awesome....!!!!!

Big props......

Joe :)

stayt`ie

good stuff, congrats 8-)

dwarner

Hey DW.....I noted you chose to ignore Johns 216mph "one way" sidecar run......I have done the research.....and that "timed" run is the fastest to-date of any sidecar, be it "wheel on a stick" or a passenger type outfit in the World......................

Bob,

I didn't ignore the record, 216 isn't 235. LOL
Both are super achievements and I once again congratulate John and everyone involved.

DW

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
Well done JN !
Do think you could do it again "upsidedown" in OZ, 2008?
Tiny
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
I'm not sure about hero worship but John is one hellofa motorcycle racer!! Congratulations on the sidecar record. We have played with sidecars for a long time and you have really raised the bar, well done!!

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
tiny
i think he could do it on his head...
kent

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
He does sport an aero hairstyle, doesn't he?  Or do you mean that his head is like a racing slick?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Super Kaz

He does sport an aero hairstyle, doesn't he?  Or do you mean that his head is like a racing slick?
Slim,
Heck if it makes me go Faster I'll shave my Head too :-o! John, and Michelle have been so Helpful while I try and Learn the LSR Ropes :-D!There is so much to learn just getting started that I would have been Lost with out their guidance and Direction.
Now if I can just talk him into helping my V-rod go Faster,but he just say's "You should have bought a Busa :cry:"
Then when he told me how much he spent on the Yellow Submarine I wanted to PUKE :-(!
Dam I hate it when he's always Right :mrgreen:.........
Kaz,.......

Offline WildBro

[/quote]
Slim,
Heck if it makes me go Faster I'll shave my Head too :-o! John, and Michelle have been so Helpful while I try and Learn the LSR Ropes :-D!There is so much to learn just getting started that I would have been Lost with out their guidance and Direction.
Now if I can just talk him into helping my V-rod go Faster,but he just say's "You should have bought a Busa :cry:"
Then when he told me how much he spent on the Yellow Submarine I wanted to PUKE :-(!
Kaz,.......
[/quote]

Kaz, don't be lured by da busa.  Yes, its easy to go fast on a busa, just write a check and twist the throttle, but then you are just another busa rider.  The staging lanes are filled with them.  From what I can gather....you are a different kind of guy, stay different. 
You better have that vrod ready for speedweek or BUB. What are you doing today to accomplish this?

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
well here's another one that thinks buying a busa with a credit rating will get ya a record.... all i gotta say is bring it on!!! yes there's gonna be a lot of em at b/ville this year. and most of em will go home with there asses handed to em... a busa is just a tool..... you just gotta know which way to turn it.
kent

Offline WildBro

well here's another one that thinks buying a busa with a credit rating will get ya a record.... all i gotta say is bring it on!!! yes there's gonna be a lot of em at b/ville this year. and most of em will go home with there asses handed to em... a busa is just a tool..... you just gotta know which way to turn it.
kent

Never said anything about a record, just going fast.  Please don't put me in that busa group or for that matter any bike with fairings on it.  As for me saying it is easy to go fast on a busa, it was in reference to the ease of dropping off the bike at one of the hundreds of shops that will sell and install a 500hp turbo kit.  You don't have to invent the damn thing just write a check (or use credit if you don't have the money right now). 
see you on the salt. :-)
Bill
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 03:42:29 PM by WildBro »
aka: Tenno Celeritas

bak189

To get back to our hero John.......Sorry John,,,,,with me you are second and maybe third on my list......
  #1 is Larry C (Larry Coleman) 3 time National Sidecar Road Racing Champ....multy times AFM Champ....holder of 3 Bonneville Speed Records....
raced with great success in Europe, New Zealand...
soon to be inducted in the AMA Hall of Fame.....
pictured on the 2007 BUB  T-Shirt.......and he drives my sidecars at Bonneville....he is #1...........
#2 has to be Craig Anderson (another sidecar driver) after he gets the Flying Kiwi sidecar streamliner sorted out.....300mph no problem........
O.K. John, that makes you #3....but you are on my" Hero List"

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
John, you are the man! After watching for myself at Bonneville, I'm convinced there's a big 'S' on your chest under those black leathers. (the blue tights and red silk shorts I don't know about :?) That's impressive. Look forward to seeing you on the salt.

Rocky