Author Topic: John Noonan is my HERO,and The World's Fastest Man on a Motorcycle anywhere!  (Read 11550 times)

Super Kaz

he's to shy to Bragg,but I'm not :evil:!

#1 -235mph"Fastest Speed ever by a Motorcycle a El Mirage  :-o!

#2- 216mph on his Mooreland/Noonan Busa sidehack :-o!

#3- He also won the Dyno Horse Power shoot out"again" with a tire spinning 416rwhp :-D

I'm so Proud of Him and Michelle,and all the SDRC Member's that helped him out 8-) I really wish I was there !

I was unable to make it AGAIN because ''I TRY ,AND RACE A HARLEY V-ROD" that has some serious issues :cry:!

On a HAPPY Note Congratulations to ALL THE Racer's that made it out this weekend,and I Wish with all my HEART that I could have been there too :oops:!

GREAT JOB EVERYONE,AND SPECIALLY ALL THE SCTA VOLUNTEER'S FOR MAKING IT ALL POSSIBLE,and the BLM TOO!

With out them non of US would be able to DO WHAT WE LOVE!

Great Job Everybody,

Kaz.............

bak189

I can just feel the love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job John.........216mph on your "wheel on a stick" sidecar.......just think how fast you would have gone if you had been able to shift it into high gear.  Just kidding..........................................

Offline TouringComet

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered streamliner
Could this be the year a major milestone is reached, the first sidecar, 'wheel on a stick' or otherwise, to average over 200 MPH, for two runs, over a measured mile?  Am I correct that that has not been achieved yet?

Offline 836dstr

Congratulations again John!

The last line on the new SDRC Tee shirts need to be amended to add: "HE'S BACK!"

Tom

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
One thing I noticed during the run while I was timing was little or no tire spin, the crotch rocket was hooked to the ground. great surface this meet. Great meet over all and top speed goes to Noonan on two wheels.
Glen :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

bak189

You are right Touring C.....John is the first "sidecar" over 200mph.........anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now he needs to make a bigger platform and run with a passenger....like a "Real Sidecar"   ........any volunteers???????????????
There are some "wheel on a stick' streamliners in the works that should run over 200mph. maybe this year.....certainly in 2008.

Super Kaz

You are right Touring C.....John is the first "sidecar" over 200mph.........anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now he needs to make a bigger platform and run with a passenger....like a "Real Sidecar"   ........any volunteers???????????????
There are some "wheel on a stick' streamliners in the works that should run over 200mph. maybe this year.....certainly in 2008.
bak189,
after just going around the block on Scott's side car I'm Game,but I'll need a little Duck Tape  to stay on:wink:!
Just don't let him tow you on that thing :-o!
I got the scar's to prove it :oops:!
He's THE MAN on 2 wheels no matter what he looks like :evil:!
Love ya Bro,  way to go this weekend 8-)!
Kaz............

Offline kspz3

• http://www.vrodracing.com
Kaz,
Are you going to be at the Bub event this year?
I have my entries in and reservations made..... I will running a 14... setup is just about complete.
Kevin

Super Kaz

Kaz,
Are you going to be at the Bub event this year?
I have my entries in and reservations made..... I will running a 14... setup is just about complete.
Kevin
Kevin,
If I can get the all Bug's worked out of my new Motor,Turbo,Suspension,and Ballast! I sure Hope So :?!
It's been one problem after another,and I have to do all the R&D  :|!As my Good Friend John Noonan would say 'You should have bought a Busa :evil:' these Turbo V-rod's are a B$TCH  :-(!!!
Kaz..... :mrgreen:

dwarner

The World's Fastest Man on a Motorcycle anywhere!

Not to take anything away from John, fantastic pass!!! But, I am sure he will agree with me.

Kaz,

You need to do some research before making such broad statements. Do you mean that Joe Amo's 240, Steve Knecum's 243 & 243, Dennis Clancey' s 245,
John's own 242, 243 and 246 records to name afew don't count?

You didn't mention John's 246 in your opening statement.

DW

Super Kaz

The World's Fastest Man on a Motorcycle anywhere!

Not to take anything away from John, fantastic pass!!! But, I am sure he will agree with me.

Kaz,

You need to do some research before making such broad statements. Do you mean that Joe Amo's 240, Steve Knecum's 243 & 243, Dennis Clancey' s 245,
John's own 242, 243 and 246 records to name afew don't count?

You didn't mention John's 246 in your opening statement.

DW

DW,
No Disrespect intended ,but I was there at Bonneville when he went 261mph"gps",and 259+mph officially 1-way"on a FIM Record' during the BUB 2005 Meet and also Jason's 242mph Naked Pass!Those were the 2 Coolest Runs I've ever seen,but I'm pretty New to LSR compared to YOU!
I was referring to El Mirage This weekend.As I don't think any conventional Motorcycle has gone Faster there ,but I could be wrong :??
I'm sure Amo's,Kencum,and Clancey's run's were Awesome too,but I was not able to see them.
Unfortunately I have to race AGAINST those guy's on my little ol-v-rod because I don't have a pushrod V-Twin.
I was just really proud of Him and wanted to toot his Horn not to get anyone insulted by my statement.I hope you,and those you mentioned  can forgive me?
Hope to see you and the rest of my LSR Brother's,and Sister's at the next race :mrgreen:
Respectfully,
Kaz......

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Dan,

Kaz's nickname for me is "World's Fastest" he was not trying to take anything away from any other racer.

Kaz is very new to LSR and has some needed schooling regarding one way timed runs, back to back two runs for an average and runs at Texas, Elmo and maxton that are one run & done venues.

J

PS,  thanks for the kind words we had the best weekend ever!

J

Offline V8Pinto

I'd ride passenger on a 200mph sidecar.  Imagine the faces of all the normal folks at work..  "you did WhAt???"
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

bak189

Hey DW.....I noted you chose to ignore Johns 216mph "one way" sidecar run......I have done the research.....and that "timed" run is the fastest to-date of any sidecar, be it "wheel on a stick" or a passenger type outfit in the World......................
However, it is my understanding that a rocket
powered sidecar (with passenger) has gone 210mph (unofficially).
"I predict" that by the end of 2008  streamliner
sidecars will be close to 300mph...."Times are a changing"

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
yep... i think craig will get close to 3 with his liner
kent