Author Topic: El Mirage Forecast - OR - Hot, Hot, HOT  (Read 5548 times)

Offline Dean Los Angeles

El Mirage Forecast - OR - Hot, Hot, HOT
« on: July 09, 2007, 11:39:16 PM »
Tonight: Scattered thunderstorms after 11pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and frequent lightning. Partly cloudy, with a low around 60. West wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday: Scattered thunderstorms before 11am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and frequent lightning. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 93. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 61. West wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Wednesday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 94. West wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Wednesday Night: A 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 65. West wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Thursday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 98.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 66.

Friday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 100.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 68.

Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 101.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 67.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 103.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline glc311

• Road Runners (SCTA)
Re: El Mirage Forecast - OR - Hot, Hot, HOT
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 01:14:09 AM »
Interesting! The Q-Net weather link on the SCTA-BNI El Mirage webpage (reporting the Palmdale forecast) is very different than the forecasts on Intellicast.com and The Weather Channel.com. Both of those services report hot and dry for Palmdale, Adelanto and the El Mirage State Vehicle Recreation Area this week and weekend. The Sunday forecast for El Mirage is in the high 90's to low 100's, sunny and a 13-14mph west, south-west wind. With a little luck maybe the wind will shift to a little more westerly and we'll get some "El Mirage horsepower"!  I'd bet on the hot and dry forecast but I guess anything is possible.........

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 09:12:49 AM »
seriously re-thinking this "leathers in the sun" thing...

ugh.

Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

John@JE Pistons

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 12:44:33 PM »
seriously re-thinking this "leathers in the sun" thing...

ugh.

I hear you on that, my leathers are Black :-o

J

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 01:32:19 PM »
Some of us learn from the heat exhaustion we get while baking in the staging lines.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Super Kaz

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 08:47:19 PM »
Some of us learn from the heat exhaustion we get while baking in the staging lines.

but nobody can see you on your bike :wink:

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 08:50:47 PM »

Kaz,

Where were you today ? ? ?

J

Super Kaz

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 09:31:21 PM »

Kaz,

Where were you today ? ? ?

J

Trying to Fix my DAM HARLEY :x!

I left you a message at work Friday,but you must have already left for the day :??

I know,I know I should have bought a BUSA :oops:!

I Have a couple really bad oil leaks I could not fix,No Rear brakes ,and cut off ends on my levers just to name a few of my problems.

I didn't want to risk it till my bike is 100%.

How did you with all your new bikes?

Was the weather ,and Dirt good? :-(

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
it was a hot Sunday afternoon and a pretty hot performance for ole Mr. Noonan.. loads of congrats to him
kent
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 09:56:36 PM by 1212FBGS »

Super Kaz

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 10:22:12 PM »
it was a hot Sunday afternoon and a pretty hot performance for ole Mr. Noonan.. loads of congrats to him
kent

I don't call him The Worlds Fastest for his charming personality :wink:! 216mph on the Side hack is SICK:-o!

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 12:27:32 AM »
Sunday was not hot...Saturday was.... My time slip said 94 degrees @ 11:40 am. 5500 ft. One of the last cars of the first round to go off. No one in impounds when we got there. A real nice day for a Bonneville "shake down" run
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 12:01:09 PM »
been a long time since that car saw impound JD.... good job for a shake down and faster speeds to ya.... congrats! WMBCSBWE !
kent

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 04:34:40 PM »
Thanks Kent....The last time the roadster was at El Mirage was 11-97.  Found it's way to impounds that day too. It usually finds it's way to impounds at Bonneville but everything is hard so we will take anything we get. It was my last ride for a while as my son is looking for a seat for the next 2 years. My oldest grandson was there with us (15), moving  up the push trunk in the lanes; he's the next one in the seat so I'm looking to putting my '40 Chev back on the lake bed so I have something to drive..

It was fitting to bring back Bob Higbee's number (49) and set a record the first time out even tho I really didn't expect it.  Too bad I don't have speed I run on where I can give the Club any extra points. Everything I can run on started in the 50's and 60's so they ave all moved up to where they are now year by year and run by run. Getting the extra MPH points are tough....JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline promachine

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 05:32:05 PM »
Nice run JD, sounded like it was only on six when it came by me.Nice!!
Dirty 2 driver-nitro junkie-H.P. peddler