Author Topic: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)  (Read 1897457 times)

Offline jl222

Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Reply #795 on: August 23, 2009, 10:25:15 PM »
   Thanks, but 295 mph  right at the 1st of the 3 mile  and you think we should put more weight on the front end? I like the way you and  [some] of the other center of pressure people and competitors think. There were lots of other spins out there with less than our weight distribution.

JL222

PS. when I spun the 222 car was going 170 mph in 13 sec the fastest in that part of the course yet for us and were
thinking of ways to add more wheel loading without adding weight.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 10:32:10 PM by jl222 »

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #796 on: August 24, 2009, 12:44:51 AM »
   Thanks, but 295 mph  right at the 1st of the 3 mile  and you think we should put more weight on the front end? I like the way you and  [some] of the other center of pressure people and competitors think. There were lots of other spins out there with less than our weight distribution.

JL222  

Some might say every car is different...............
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Bob Ellis

« Reply #797 on: August 24, 2009, 07:18:20 AM »
JL222 & bvillercr , You guys are true hero's (in my opinion anyway),For what you have accomplished , and yet to accomplish,you have set the standard for Doorslammers on the salt!!I'd rank you up there with my lifetime hero-Craig Breedlove,For the dedication,drive,determination,& desire to do what you have done (so far...More is in that Camaro !!).I hope you can get the bugs sorted out,would love to see ya get that 300!
 Cheers , Bob. (Probably your biggest fan?)....(how about bringing that Camaro down here to Lake Gairdner??)
Wanna go fast??  Come to Lake Gairdner! (It's Down Under!!)

Offline jl222

« Reply #798 on: August 24, 2009, 11:44:05 AM »

Thanks Bob.... Now my hat won't fit. I was just going to look at the different videos and run data to see how soon we
 could accelerate to 300 and will post my findings. All runs so far [in 1st @ 2nd we never gave over 50% throttle with revs still increasing at good rate.  That 285 1st timed mile was the easiest I've ever been on the throttle so were excited about
how fast and quick it will go.

JL222 :cheers:

Offline jl222

« Reply #799 on: August 25, 2009, 04:50:06 PM »

After looking and comparing videos and run data we reached 170 mph [on spin run] 11 sec faster than 285 1st timed mile run later that day [310 indicated speed before blow off] subtracting 11 sec from  video the 2 mile marker [start of 1st timed mile] goes by  :-P

JL222

Offline jl222

« Reply #800 on: August 30, 2009, 10:09:28 PM »

Our Bonneville Pro computer program is amazing looking at our F.A.S.T. EFI data I can see when each shift occurred [rpm and sec from ist throttle apply] interring this info into Bville pro for our last run and were I was able to apply full throttle,
the program was right on and so were our data inputs, shift from 3rd  6000 rpm speed 216 now in 4th [high gear] time to 311 mph 6850 rpm [actual 20.8 sec] computer printout 20.2 sec.

JL222

These times don't happen as fast as the program predicts because we can't full throttle it at start

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #801 on: August 30, 2009, 10:14:28 PM »
One word:

LORING

:cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #802 on: August 30, 2009, 11:28:13 PM »
One word:

LORING

:cheers:

Mike

Could almost consider the Texas Mile, but Loring?  Dats just a little too far. :-o

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #803 on: August 31, 2009, 02:05:35 PM »
But it's 50% longer!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Freud

« Reply #804 on: August 31, 2009, 02:08:09 PM »
Do you mean the tow is 50% longer?

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #805 on: August 31, 2009, 02:09:39 PM »
No -- it's always 50% longer.

The tow depends on where you start.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Freud

« Reply #806 on: August 31, 2009, 02:44:41 PM »
And also where you end.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #807 on: September 01, 2009, 02:29:18 AM »
DR, thanks for the call today, always a true pleasure.  :cheers:

J

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #808 on: October 17, 2009, 02:31:34 PM »
Some things that we need to do in this off season which has already started for us, meaning we won't run until May El Mirage meet.  We need to tear down the motor and check pistons, cylinder walls and crank.  We need to rebuild our headers and make them out of stainless, we are thinking about a higher gear ratio so our torque isn't as great on the tires when we shift plus we are hitting the mile at bville close to 300 so the extra gear should help for the next two miles.  We also need to upgrade our connections at the blower pipes.  Those really good connectors are not cheap, anyone out there want to sponsor those? :-D  Future or near future upgrades would be H2O injection into the impellar and some possible suspension adjustments.  Tear down of the engine soon. :-D

Offline jl222

« Reply #809 on: October 17, 2009, 03:32:12 PM »
Some things that we need to do in this off season which has already started for us, meaning we won't run until May El Mirage meet.  We need to tear down the motor and check pistons, cylinder walls and crank.  We need to rebuild our headers and make them out of stainless, we are thinking about a higher gear ratio so our torque isn't as great on the tires when we shift plus we are hitting the mile at bville close to 300 so the extra gear should help for the next two miles.  We also need to upgrade our connections at the blower pipes.  Those really good connectors are not cheap, anyone out there want to sponsor those? :-D  Future or near future upgrades would be H2O injection into the impeller and some possible suspension adjustments.  Tear down of the engine soon. :-D

Bvillercr...you forgot to mention our main problem replacing all the valves with inconel on  the ehaust [which we haven't been able to get when we need them] and titanium on the intakes and we might inject water after the intercooler also but the water would't be evaporating untll the compression stroke with the cool temps coming out of intercooler.

JL222