Author Topic: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)  (Read 1910732 times)

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Reply #645 on: May 12, 2009, 04:20:39 PM »
    :-D  Is that similar to a "Salty Dog" ???  Color me curiouse,,,,Crow
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #646 on: May 12, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »

Don't feel bad, my best buddy's A/Fuel Dragster ran in the 14 second bracket last time out and he's been doing the class since '91 or so. He drove the "Run of the Year " car in '92.

Would that by chance be Junkyard Ed Vickroy? I know he drove an A/Fuel car Gene Adams tuned to 253 when the record was 235. NHRA retired the record at the end of the year and changed the class combo.

Tom G.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 08:24:39 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #647 on: May 12, 2009, 05:27:46 PM »
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline mkilger

« Reply #648 on: May 12, 2009, 10:18:23 PM »
Bvillercr, if you need a hand, at elmo please let me know whould  love to help . 909-888-9045 mike :cheers:

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #649 on: May 13, 2009, 12:10:17 AM »
We have a lot friends comming down to watch/help.  Please come by and say hi and grab a soda/beer/water, what ever.  Thanks for the offer though. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline jl222

« Reply #650 on: May 13, 2009, 12:24:33 AM »
    :-D  Is that similar to a "Salty Dog" ???  Color me curiouse,,,,Crow

Same thing without salt on rim  :-D

JL222

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #651 on: May 14, 2009, 10:54:55 PM »
We are all loaded up and ready to go.  Hopefully we will leave around 9 am and get to the lakes between 2-3.  Good luck everyone and see ya soon. :cheers:

Offline mkilger

« Reply #652 on: May 15, 2009, 12:37:11 AM »
Iam loaded too but, I dont know what time I will get up tomorrow. after that I will be on my way  :cheers:

Offline Freud

« Reply #653 on: May 15, 2009, 12:48:11 AM »
Have a marvelous weekend. You are ready and you deserve it.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #654 on: May 17, 2009, 07:50:50 PM »
We had some minor problems on sat.  We had to fix a fuel leak on a weld on the driver side fuel rail.  Then after that our clutch lever was galled up just like our steering was at bville.  So we took the levers apart and cleaned them all up, and by that time the wind was blowing good.  Sunday we got an early run in at around 9, short shifted in 3rd and 4th and still couldn't keep it straight.  Also the engine was on the rich side.  Our next run was around noon and the took off good through 2nd and while in 3rd I was doing the throttle steering wheel boogie.  First run 180, 2nd run 150.  I will post a couple videos tomorrow.  Still have a 5 hour drive to go. :cry: 

Offline Freud

« Reply #655 on: May 17, 2009, 08:02:33 PM »
At least, those runs validated all the time spent over the winter. It's like jumping into the pool the first day at the vacation motel.

Good job. Now you can work for improvement the rest of the year. Just remember, this year you were ready for the years first meet.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline AJR192

« Reply #656 on: May 17, 2009, 08:46:03 PM »
Much better to br rich and run slow than to be too lean and run slower onto the trailer. You guys are an inspiration Troy. Good job...

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #657 on: May 17, 2009, 09:12:57 PM »
Good to meet you and your dad Troy. Sorry we couldn't spend more time with you.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Tom Slick

• http://www.ccrsport.com
« Reply #658 on: May 18, 2009, 10:18:26 AM »
I was headed for the exit at around noon when I heard over the radio that you were on course, so I stopped to watch from the shut down area. Man that sucker sounds awesome, even with the pedaling you were doing just to get that beast down to the finish. I have to say, you didn't look to pumped when you got out of the car though. It's a real bummer that the lake is in such crappy shape this year. It's going to be real tuff for the big HP guys like yourself to get hooked up all year it would seem. Goog luck the rest of the season and I dig following your guys progress as well!

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #659 on: May 18, 2009, 11:05:50 AM »
Troy and John,
Great to meet you guys and put faces with names. Thanks for the great hospitality and major bull session on Friday night. I had to leave Saturday so stayed around until the wind came so missed your Sunday pass, really sounds like you over powered the course. Ever thought of going with the large dia, threaded Dunlops like the BMR roadster runs on the lake for a little more traction? Just a thought. The young "bit head" guys that do your computer/injection work are very sharp and very interesting to talk with I would love to see their chassis dyno.

Thanks again and will probably see you in June.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.