Author Topic: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)  (Read 1897587 times)

Offline GH

Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Reply #555 on: November 18, 2008, 08:20:21 AM »
Troy and John, I can't imagine what it is like to run on dirt that loose, you got lots and lots of nerve.....

Offline t russell

« Reply #556 on: November 18, 2008, 11:08:07 AM »
Meant to tell you cool pic in hot rod.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #557 on: November 18, 2008, 11:15:36 AM »
Meant to tell you cool pic in hot rod.

In the magazine or online?  We knew nothing about it. :?

Offline t russell

« Reply #558 on: November 18, 2008, 04:49:12 PM »
in the magizne.I do beleave that is your car.
terry

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #559 on: November 18, 2008, 05:55:17 PM »
No question, that's the car.  I don't have the issue right at hand or I'd give you page number.  As I remember it's a photo from the right rear quarter --sort of difficult to see the zoomies, but no doubt, it's your car.  Congratulations on getting it into Hot Rod.  When I saw it I almost went to Hot Rod's site and posted that the car's build diary was available on this here forum.  I didn't -- maybe I should have.  You folks are always welcome to mention stuff you see on this site -- the publicity doesn't make me feel bad, that's for sure.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #560 on: November 18, 2008, 07:49:16 PM »
     Jan '09 issue, page 64, upper right.

Offline t russell

« Reply #561 on: November 19, 2008, 06:07:23 AM »
yep.cool aint it?

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #562 on: November 19, 2008, 08:56:43 AM »
Same page middle left they have a picture of Seth's new car with my speed attributed to him---he didn't run over 300 untill next meet after he let me run first to have a shot at going BLUE---Thanks Seth!!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #563 on: November 19, 2008, 11:14:57 AM »
At one point Santa Barbara (Seth)had (I believe) the most racers attending land speed racing in the late 80-90's per capita than anywhere.  On another note you would think that Hot Rod would have gotten a few things correct.  First; we ran 275 in 1991, 267 in 92, and 288 in 94.  They made a mistake with Keith Turks car, stating that it was the fastest camaro in 2006?  So in this article I believe it stated that we captured the title at 269.  Oh well, thats how journalism is these days not much investigation.  The second mistake was, how do you get our last name incorrect?  It's on the car in Five different spots, and in the photo the race trailer shows it in the background?   Enough complaining, it is cool to be in the magazine!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:35:26 AM by bvillercr »

Offline GH

« Reply #564 on: November 19, 2008, 11:48:14 AM »
Troy, when I was racing the Willys back in the 90's, Super Stock & Drag Illustrated came up to me at the Wentzville, Missouri drag strip and wanted to do a story of my car. I filled out about 5 or 6 pages of info on the car and build and wouldn't you know it, they screwed the article up, but like you said, it's still and honor.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #565 on: November 19, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »
No question, that's the car.  I don't have the issue right at hand or I'd give you page number.  As I remember it's a photo from the right rear quarter --sort of difficult to see the zoomies, but no doubt, it's your car.  Congratulations on getting it into Hot Rod.  When I saw it I almost went to Hot Rod's site and posted that the car's build diary was available on this here forum.  I didn't -- maybe I should have.  You folks are always welcome to mention stuff you see on this site -- the publicity doesn't make me feel bad, that's for sure.

Ok Slim I did it for you.  I belong to the HR forum and did a little advertising for you.  I directed anyone reading my post over there to see the car over here. :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #566 on: November 19, 2008, 03:59:20 PM »
Thanks!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline jl222

« Reply #567 on: November 22, 2008, 02:15:47 PM »
Here is the Saturday run where my chutes don't open.  The video operator had it zoomed in to close and on a tripod.  The second video is a little better and not as close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHUEA-pScY8

In the first part of this video you can see how El Mirage got its name.

JL222

Offline jl222

« Reply #568 on: November 23, 2008, 04:14:53 PM »
This second video I short shift the car just to get into high gear and cruze through the finish, but I get bit by the track again and had to pull the chute so I wouldn't run into the timing lights and cones. :-o  In this video my cam corder produces a couple skips in it(sorry), but after it skips it shows me getting loose.  Enjoy. :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJZbf4_IUeo

It sounds and looks like Troy is still on the throttle and shifting after he gets loose but its because of the distance the sound from the car has to travel to the video camera  :-P

JL222

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #569 on: November 25, 2008, 08:46:16 PM »
We have a few things that we need to change for the 09 season.  1st, we will be putting a tow bar in front of the car so we can tow it back to the pits rather than push.  2nd, we need to contact Wilson manifolds about supplying a new manifold for us.  3rd, we need to re-due our spoiler since the rules have changed for the 09 year.  And last but not least we may get a new paint job, same color but without stripes and maybe some type of graphic.  Good luck to all in 09. :cheers:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 08:54:49 PM by bvillercr »