Author Topic: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)  (Read 1897380 times)

Offline jl222

Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Reply #510 on: October 02, 2008, 10:49:11 PM »
Slim, John and Troy, I can be a mail man for you. Celia and I will be at WF and spectating at Nov. Elmo meet. Let me know if this will work for you guys.
Brian

That sounds great Brian. Let me know if you want me to bring those wheels. And you might be able to use sport car tires  
instead of landspeed tires for shorter course and less speed.

JL222

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #511 on: October 03, 2008, 09:23:16 AM »
Troy:  Send a fifteen-dollar bill with them to WF, or mail it to me.  Unh, for this time (since we'll be gone) mail it to P O Box 1054, Marquette Michigan 49855.  We're using that mailbox for another few weeks -- it'll work.  If you send a check it should be made out to me (Jon Wennerberg) instead of landracing.com, okay?

Thanks.  Have someone find us at WF (up in the timing slip stand/radio announce booth) and we'll give over the shirt.

Thanks.  And -- I wasn't really all that muddy -- it was getting late last night and I didn't take the time to figure it all out.  But now it's morning, we fly out in a few hours, and I'm doing last-minute stuff like packing t-shirts.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #512 on: October 03, 2008, 10:55:32 AM »
Slim, John and Troy, I can be a mail man for you. Celia and I will be at WF and spectating at Nov. Elmo meet. Let me know if this will work for you guys.
Brian

That sounds great Brian. Let me know if you want me to bring those wheels. And you might be able to use sport car tires  
instead of landspeed tires for shorter course and less speed.

JL222
If you have room, go ahead and bring them.
Thanks,
Brian
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #513 on: October 08, 2008, 10:30:46 AM »
Here's a video comparison of our last dyno run on mechanical fuel injection in which the pull is only three seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCxH3Ltv9o0

This video is our last dyno run before Bonneville and we changed and upgraded our ignition and upgraded to the FAST EFI.  This dyno pull was about 7 seconds long and we gained 800 rpm and 2 or 3 psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJApvHuDpL0

Here is our only video at Bonneville and it is cut short because the video camera wasn't secured down good enough.  I will be moving my mount elsewhere because of visibilty issues with the window.  The video cuts off before the 2 mile and I'm in high gear about the 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTBQ-s0FN4
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:34:57 AM by bvillercr »

Offline t russell

« Reply #514 on: October 08, 2008, 07:24:23 PM »
dang thats wicked
terry

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #515 on: October 08, 2008, 09:56:06 PM »
So how much power did it put down with the efi ?
Did it run better than with the mechanical injection ?
And did you have time to fully tune it at the dyno or finish tune it at bonneville ? Or are you going back to the dyno to finish it because I know you where really crunched for time.

Anyway the car is badass. I wish I would have got a chance to talk to you guys but I was leaving rite when I saw you get in line.
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010

Offline jl222

« Reply #516 on: October 09, 2008, 12:01:34 AM »
So how much power did it put down with the efi ?
Did it run better than with the mechanical injection ?
And did you have time to fully tune it at the dyno or finish tune it at bonneville ? Or are you going back to the dyno to finish it because I know you where really crunched for time.

Anyway the car is badass. I wish I would have got a chance to talk to you guys but I was leaving rite when I saw you get in line.

Fast Evo
 It runs much better with efi,it was always hard to start with the mechanical injection and i had to run it so rich for the top end it would have a rich cutout at the bottom,so its nice to bring up a run look at the air fuel tables and no whats really going on and adjust with a few taps on the keyboard.
 We don't know the final hp because the engine vibrated the room so much it kept unpluging the power cord under the rear tires and between the rollers,but with the mechanical injection it increased 500 hp from 5000 to 6000 rpm and 28.5 lbs boost were they stopped the pull because it was lean,with new 12 gal min fuel pump [old 7 gal] and efi the dyno pull increased to 6800 and 31 lbs boost.
 Yes we were able to adjust the tune at Bville on Troys 257 run it had a air fuel ratio in low 10s.
 It is still hard to start the very 1st time because the mechanical fuel pump takes a while to prime the system so were installing an inexpensive electric fuel pump and plumbing into one of the fuel rails.[just ordered from Summitt today].
 Precision Auto is on the crew now and want us to bring the car down to do some wiring and things but still installing new intercooler i'm not sure if dyno is necessary.
  Anyhow getting ready for El Mirage in Nov. were we hope to do well.

JL222

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #517 on: October 09, 2008, 10:48:53 AM »
We will tune the engine for El Mirage close to what our last dyno run was, may start out a little rich but we can tune from there.

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #518 on: October 09, 2008, 07:59:57 PM »
That's great to hear.
I wish you the best of luck at el mirage.
It's sweet just having to plug in the laptop tweak a few tables and walla the runs great.

Mike Reichen
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #519 on: October 21, 2008, 10:29:06 PM »
We got the blower back from Procharger and it seems the new impeller is a little more polished and machined to a larger gauge.  We also received our new electric fuel primer.  JL222 has been working on the braces for the inter-cooler and I should be getting up there soon to help out and take some pictures and get it all put back together and taped up for El Mirage. :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 12:29:46 AM by bvillercr »

Offline GH

« Reply #520 on: October 22, 2008, 10:50:44 AM »
Troy, I have never been to Elmo, what do you tape up?

Offline jl222

« Reply #521 on: October 22, 2008, 02:31:29 PM »
Troy, I have never been to Elmo, what do you tape up?

Hi Gary

Troys at work so I'll answer for him. We tape anyplace we suspect or know were dust can get in the car [and still not break any rules about taping] we tape or silicone around trans cover and any holes we can find and we have a brake cylinder that sticks up through the floor that we tape the sides and around the access cover on the step pan under car.
  Were hopeing for a little rain to dampen the track otherwise it can be a dusty devil.

JL222

PS   Put a Procharger on that jimmy run it through a carb and then you can run vintage class.
         It would sound better too :-D

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #522 on: October 22, 2008, 09:11:48 PM »
It's been a while since the car has made a pass at El Mirage, but in the past there have been times when the car has been completely filled with dust.  It was so bad once that I couldn't see when I went through the lights. :-o  Duct tape is a must for us at the dust lake. :-D

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #523 on: October 23, 2008, 12:11:55 AM »
My wife and I both got a chuckle from Remington’s "make it go fast" video.

You do realize it’s only a matter of time before she is going to want to drive.
 :-D

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #524 on: October 23, 2008, 12:22:30 AM »