Author Topic: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)  (Read 1897388 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Reply #480 on: September 08, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »
Happy belated BD Gary for yesterday. :-o

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #481 on: September 15, 2008, 04:08:15 PM »
Looks like Procharger is going to take care of us on our blower maitenence and or replacement parts.  The only thing wrong that we could see was that the impeller had three fins that had a little damage to them, they said that they would replace it.  Could have happened when I almost spun out, maybe some salt got kicked up into it?  We also bought a new inter-cooler from them and they gave us a good deal on it.  They said it should be done in a couple weeks, hopefully we won't have to wait on it for Nov. El Mirage. :-D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 04:10:35 PM by bvillercr »

Offline jl222

« Reply #482 on: September 15, 2008, 05:28:40 PM »

Procharger just called, their shipping intercooler.Had one in stock.

JL222 :cheers:

Offline Freud

« Reply #483 on: September 15, 2008, 05:50:12 PM »
Good things come to those that work their butts off and u certainly fit into that category.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #484 on: September 17, 2008, 09:14:47 PM »
From the SCTA site.  Doesn't look so good.

222 A      BGALT   John Langlo 242.144 257.810 193.102 0.000 0.000

Just reading over some old posts and came across this one.  Your right in thinking that it didn't look good because we didn't make it to the last three miles, but I shut it down after the first mile because I had no tach.  Stupid me, because we have a rev. limiter on the engine for 7500rpm.  I wasn't thinking clearly, it was my first run with the car in many years and it was haulin azz.  That was our fastest 1/4 and mile times ever. :-o

Offline jl222

« Reply #485 on: September 20, 2008, 12:01:42 AM »

Procharger intercooler arrived today, looks great. Tanks for air and water are made from one piece of aluminun minimizing welds. Now have to figure out mounting. Air inlet and outlet approximately in same place so we don't have to modify them.

JL222   :cheers:

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #486 on: September 23, 2008, 11:52:01 AM »
Here are a couple pictures of our new inter-cooler.  All of the sections surrounding the inter-cooler are cut and bent to shape to minimize welds.  On the inside there are tack welds at the corners to keep it together under pressure.  I will post a picture of our old inter-cooler with the seam bursts when I get a picture of it.

Offline t russell

« Reply #487 on: September 23, 2008, 10:21:42 PM »
If I have not said it before thats one cool car.I really enjoy your post thanks 
terry

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #488 on: September 25, 2008, 12:18:04 AM »
If I have not said it before thats one cool car.I really enjoy your post thanks 
terry

Thanks for the compliment.  We should have a large group of friends comming out to the Nov. meet at El Mirage, so hopefully we can get someone to shoot a video of the car on the course.  It has been many years since we have had a recording of it. :-D

Offline GH

« Reply #489 on: September 25, 2008, 08:03:41 AM »
Troy, was you guys able to put the extra fine tune on the efi? Start good and idle with good throttle response? Have fun at El Mo and go fast.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #490 on: September 25, 2008, 10:15:39 AM »
Yes Gary the car was very responsive at Bville.  We will get the original dyno tune on it at El Mirage and go from there. :cheers:

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #491 on: October 01, 2008, 11:55:19 PM »
We did a little work on the car today.  My girls helped clean the car a little while, before they got bored of it. 

Here is what happened to our old intercooler at the end of my qualifing run on Saturday.  We noticed it Sunday morning when we fired it up to warm it. :-o

Here is our new inter-cooler from Procharger, it is a little smaller but should work better than the old one; and with less worries. :cheers:

Now we just need to get it fitted correctly and make up some new braces and it is done.  Other than the inter-cooler we still need to modify one of the blower tubes comming through the firewall so we can secure the two tubes together better.  What we will end up doing is cut a piece of the tube that is on the engine side and weld it on to the tube in the compartment so it extends through the firewall inorder to brace the two tubes together.  The blower is still out for repair and should get it back soon.

Offline GH

« Reply #492 on: October 02, 2008, 09:42:51 AM »
Troy, what was wrong with the Procharger that it needed repaired. Just for your info, our local vocational college has just purchased a Mustang dyno and is going to offer a class on performance tuning next summer, Mike C. and myself are going to attend if we can get by the prerequresites (sp).

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #493 on: October 02, 2008, 10:55:06 AM »
Gary, there wasn't anything really wrong with the blower.  It sounded rough when spinning it in reverse, so we took it off to take a look at it.  The impeller had three minor dings in it, could have happened when I got sideways.  Since Procharger is a partial sponsor for us this year, they said that they would go through the blower and replace the impeller for free.  So we sent it to them.  We will be giving them a call either tomorrow or Monday to see when we can get it back. :cheers:

Offline GH

« Reply #494 on: October 02, 2008, 11:29:35 AM »
John, how do you guys get sponsors like that?