Author Topic: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)  (Read 1897866 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Reply #465 on: August 26, 2008, 10:40:11 AM »
It was nice meeting everyone from this forum, there were so many of you that stopped by and put your face to the name.  Thanks again and we will run again in Nov. El Mirage.  We need to replace the inner-cooler before then and do some inspection and mantenence on the engine, trans, and blower.  Will keep you updated as usual. :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #466 on: August 26, 2008, 01:19:15 PM »
as you begin to really lean on that ProCharger---your belt problem will probabaly increase---there is a reason why so many drag guys have one to the gear drive by TheSuperChargerStore.com  Congratulation---I was thrashing so much on mine I didn't get to say hello again..
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #467 on: August 26, 2008, 10:31:59 PM »
bvillier,
Really sorry that I had to leave early and did not see you guys and your car,even with your problems it still sounded great. Great to see you got a record!!!

Again, you guys REALLY define "Racing Dogs" Man what an effort!!!!!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline t russell

« Reply #468 on: August 26, 2008, 11:38:45 PM »
been following your rebuild.you done a heck of a job Congradulations
terry

Offline jl222

« Reply #469 on: August 27, 2008, 12:02:14 AM »
as you begin to really lean on that ProCharger---your belt problem will probabaly increase---there is a reason why so many drag guys have one to the gear drive by TheSuperChargerStore.com  Congratulation---I was thrashing so much on mine I didn't get to say hello again..

Hi Sparky
I looked into that gear drive and i wish we had room to use it,i believe its about 13" long and requires a reverse drive blower in front of it, [ gas tank right there] We were so busy thrashing i forgot to check the belt,and we wern't running it as tight as ProCharger suggest.

JL222

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #470 on: August 27, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »
This is the only video I have of the car at Bonneville.  I use this camera when I ride my dirt bike to take videos, so it is strapped down by velcro and it eventually falls off.  I stop the video just before it falls, and you can see the 2 mile marker go by.  On this run my tach was not working, we have a programable tach and we didn't know how to use it properly thus no RPMs.  Hope you enjoy. :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTBQ-s0FN4

Offline t russell

« Reply #471 on: August 28, 2008, 11:44:09 AM »
very cool :-D :-D :-D

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #472 on: September 03, 2008, 11:24:37 PM »
We got a little props from Procharger on their site.  Here is the link.

http://www.procharger.com/supercharger/blog/

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #473 on: September 04, 2008, 08:09:35 PM »
I have to edit the Procharger blog.  The first doorslammer on gas to 300mph was the Kugal and LeFevers firebird.  Have to give them credit on a great car and the first on gas.  We want to also be the fastest car on gas, maybe someday it will happen.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #474 on: September 04, 2008, 10:07:27 PM »
Today we did some work on the car.  We drained the oil and checked the rod bearings and everything is good.  We also took the blower off so we could ship it to Procharger and have them go through it to be sure that everything is ok.  We also took the intercooler out of the car so we can repair it.  Once we got is out we noticed that there was a huge seem burst in two connecting egde welds, one big L shape.  It's a wonder that it ran as long as it did, on the last run.  Looks like we have a few things to do to get ready for the El Mirage final in Nov.  Will keep you updated.

Offline jl222

« Reply #475 on: September 06, 2008, 12:07:37 AM »

Well we didn't go as fast as we wanted but after all that went wrong some went right.Our new drysump system worked great,no more oil gauge fluctuations, Scott Owens overdrive worked great,and new FAST electronic fuel injection was amazing. On Troys record return run the blower belt was found at the 2 and 1/4 usualy when the belt comes off the engine stops running but the electronic injection compensated and kept the motor running through the mile alowing him to set record and get in the 2 club.
 We went our fastes 2 1/4 at 242 and 1st timed mile at 257 and Troys 3 mile time of 269 and coasting exit speed of 244 on another run [all with intercooler not working ] is very encouraging.

JL222

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #476 on: September 07, 2008, 11:43:45 AM »
Wow---looks like you guys have nothing but great expectations!!!!!!!!! good luck---cant wait to see how things sort out!!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline GH

« Reply #477 on: September 08, 2008, 08:15:03 AM »
Happy Birthday, troy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #478 on: September 08, 2008, 09:56:30 AM »
thanks, but your a week early. :-D

Offline GH

« Reply #479 on: September 08, 2008, 11:12:34 AM »
AH AH, I read todays date, thought that was your B Day...Mine was yesterday.