Author Topic: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)  (Read 1897862 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Reply #390 on: August 08, 2008, 10:00:04 AM »
You guys will make it! your RACERS. look forward to meeting you.

Gary  DCWATERJET

The guys at the shop are going to work on it until it is finished, and then we can tune it and dyno it again.  We will be there even if we are a day or two late.  We plan on arriving in Wendover Saturday night. :-D

Offline jl222

« Reply #391 on: August 09, 2008, 12:31:23 AM »
  Fast (comp cams) shipped everything on the 7th but shipped it ground instead of next day! AUGGH! TRUCKSTOP TRUCKSTOP TRUCKSTOP!!!
 Justin is trying to get the shipment offloaded were he can fly and pick it up if possible,(and bill comp cams) otherwise not due to 13th.
  Trouble is we have friends and relatives coming and we have the shade.

JL222                                   

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #392 on: August 09, 2008, 12:37:56 AM »
  Fast (comp cams) shipped everything on the 7th but shipped it ground instead of next day! AUGGH! TRUCKSTOP TRUCKSTOP TRUCKSTOP!!!
 Justin is trying to get the shipment offloaded were he can fly and pick it up if possible,(and bill comp cams) otherwise not due to 13th.
  Trouble is we have friends and relatives coming and we have the shade.

JL222                                   

That sucks! Good luck, we are rooting for you.......

Scott

Offline racergeo

« Reply #393 on: August 09, 2008, 02:20:44 AM »

I'm so giddy with excitement that I had to share with someone. Saltosaurus looks like a race car again for the first time in several months!  My dear mate (Aussie slang for really good friend) Harlin just finished my new and hopefully more aero canopy. He also finished up my hidden nitrous system. Hopefully no tech guys lurk on here. LOL. The new BBC engine with the two end cylinders that measure 4.25 and the other 6 that measure 4.625 sounds great and runs smooth. New modified hood provides great visability so I can see what I'm running into. I'm trying to end my record of getting the boot at three events in a row. Hope they pump one of those end cylinders! Oh, did I mention I'm going to set a record.

George Johnson   8/8/08

Offline jl222

« Reply #394 on: August 09, 2008, 10:32:20 AM »

I'm so giddy with excitement that I had to share with someone. Saltosaurus looks like a race car again for the first time in several months!  My dear mate (Aussie slang for really good friend) Harlin just finished my new and hopefully more aero canopy. He also finished up my hidden nitrous system. Hopefully no tech guys lurk on here. LOL. The new BBC engine with the two end cylinders that measure 4.25 and the other 6 that measure 4.625 sounds great and runs smooth. New modified hood provides great visability so I can see what I'm running into. I'm trying to end my record of getting the boot at three events in a row. Hope they pump one of those end cylinders! Oh, did I mention I'm going to set a record.

George Johnson   8/8/08
[/quote

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 10:38:10 AM by jl222 »

Offline jl222

« Reply #395 on: August 09, 2008, 10:42:28 AM »

George Johnson   8/8/08
[/quote

Your more full of crap than a Chrismas turkey

JL222

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #396 on: August 09, 2008, 11:32:52 AM »

George Johnson   8/8/08

Not sure how to respond to this?  We are a little frustrated right now with the EFI delivery problem, and your statement sounds to me a little sarcastic towards our build.  I could be wrong and hope that I am.  We have been trying to get this car ready for a long time, and when we thought we had something going in the right direction the engine tune went south for no reason.  We then try to switch to EFI at the last minute and have this problem again.  We did not want to have to rush to get this car ready for this speed week, but here we are again not ready.  We will do everything we can to be at speed week in a week. :x 

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #397 on: August 09, 2008, 11:42:23 AM »

George Johnson   8/8/08

Not sure how to respond to this?  We are a little frustrated right now with the EFI delivery problem, and your statement sounds to me a little sarcastic towards our build.  I could be wrong and hope that I am.  We have been trying to get this car ready for a long time, and when we thought we had something going in the right direction the engine tune went south for no reason.  We then try to switch to EFI at the last minute and have this problem again.  We did not want to have to rush to get this car ready for this speed week, but here we are again not ready.  We will do everything we can to be at speed week in a week. :x 

I think George saw the heading of the thread "Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)" and didn't realize it was about your guys car and just wanted us to know what he had been up to and that he was ready.  I might be wrong, but I feel his post had nothing to do with you guys.

I hope you get the parts coming and get things done.  Knowing you guys and the fact that you got some other dedicated guys helping now I'll bet you will be on the salt and running.  I might have to pull the new motor out of my truck Monday and put the old one in  :cry:, I'll know more tomorrow, but that is small compared to what you guys are trying to get accomplished.

I got faith in ya, so c ya there,

Sum

dwarner

« Reply #398 on: August 09, 2008, 11:46:05 AM »
"...The new BBC engine with the two end cylinders that measure 4.25 and the other 6 that measure 4.625 sounds great and runs smooth..."

Well George,

Looks like we get to pull a head in impound doesn't it?

DW

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #399 on: August 09, 2008, 11:58:25 AM »
If guys haven't received your waterman pump yet, I have a new cam driven  Waterman 700 pump you can borrow.  It will cots you a beer.  Let me  know if you want it and I can next day air to you.

Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline jl222

« Reply #400 on: August 09, 2008, 12:01:13 PM »

Do you guys have to physlcally have your leg pulled to know when its being pulled?

JL222 :-D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 05:52:21 PM by jl222 »

Offline racergeo

« Reply #401 on: August 09, 2008, 12:04:51 PM »

In all seriousness Dee Dub, if I see you in impound I'll pull the pan. Im about a 100 hours away from finish but as we get closer more people are chipping in. Won't get there till Monday as we did'nt get rooms till Wed. Also I notice I'm on the wrong thread. Sorry. Been working on this thing 10 to 14 hours a day and am getting burned out.

Offline jl222

« Reply #402 on: August 09, 2008, 12:09:02 PM »
If guys haven't received your waterman pump yet, I have a new cam driven  Waterman 700 pump you can borrow.  It will cots you a beer.  Let me  know if you want it and I can next day air to you.

Tony

[/quote

Thanks Maguromic but were waiting on a 1200 (bypassing a lot of fuel but its what fast recommends)

JL222

Offline jl222

« Reply #403 on: August 09, 2008, 12:20:31 PM »
 Maguromic

Come by our pits and have a beer anyhow.

JL222
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 12:23:20 PM by jl222 »

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #404 on: August 09, 2008, 12:43:05 PM »

In all seriousness Dee Dub, if I see you in impound I'll pull the pan. Im about a 100 hours away from finish but as we get closer more people are chipping in. Won't get there till Monday as we did'nt get rooms till Wed. Also I notice I'm on the wrong thread. Sorry. Been working on this thing 10 to 14 hours a day and am getting burned out.

No worries, we understand the hours that are put in and the mind confusion when trying to wind down. :-D