Author Topic: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)  (Read 1897452 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Reply #225 on: November 07, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »
video file is too large to download at photobucket.  I need to find another way, or shoot another video later today.  Video is on hold for now.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2007, 09:37:36 PM »
Try youtube

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2007, 11:07:22 PM »
Here is todays video of our start up.  We are not at the tune we need to be at, but we will have time to make adjustments all weekend. 

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #228 on: November 09, 2007, 09:48:48 AM »
I should rename this build to, getting ready for El Mirage.  Good luck everyone, we are leaving hopefully before noon and should arrive between 2-4.  See you on the dirt.  Troy

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #229 on: November 09, 2007, 10:28:48 AM »
I am looking forward to seeing your car and meeting you..........drive safe and I will see you on the dirt.

Scott

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #230 on: November 12, 2007, 03:11:09 PM »
I finally got to see the car and hear it run at El M this past weekend.  The videos don't do it justice.  You don't hear many motors that sound as good as this one does and all of the pictures of the compressor, piping, intercooler are way off in perspective once you see it in real life.  Just double the size that your brain is telling you when you look at the build pictures. 

The cage is one of the safer looking ones I've seen and the engineering from the front of the car to the very back bumper is outstanding.  If you ever get a chance take a good look at the car.

Good seeing you guys again and can't wait to see it run on the salt,

Sum

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #231 on: November 12, 2007, 04:40:47 PM »
Sumner I did not get to hear it run but I did see it in person and agree with the things you mentioned.

It was nice meeting Troy and the family.

Scott

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #232 on: November 12, 2007, 09:15:20 PM »
Sumner, good to see you again.  I've always wondered what it sounded like from a little distance.  I can't really tell from being in the car. 

Scott is was great to finally meet you and your wife.  Sorry we couldn't visit more, we were still thrashing to run on sunday.  Thanks for the kind words from you and Sum.  See you guys on one of these lake beds soon.  Troy

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #233 on: December 14, 2007, 09:01:07 PM »
Summner brought to my attention about running the car to get a picture on his number list.  Messing with us of course, but found some old timing slips and a picture of the car on the salt.

close up shot.

Same slip but a copy and it shows our exit speed after the tranny and then the blowers blew up.

A picture with the car on the salt.  Man I wish we were there with it this year.  08 is just around the corner.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 06:49:00 PM by bvillercr »

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #234 on: December 14, 2007, 10:26:03 PM »
Very impressive speeds and now you are on the list  :-):

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/bville-cars-1/bville-cars%20index-1.html

That 1991 time at Speed Week was the first Speed Week I attended,

Sum

Offline rustyT

« Reply #235 on: December 14, 2007, 10:40:34 PM »
sum.I looked at all build pics of this car,is there a fire wall between the scoop and the windsheild? maybe it doesnt matter on a shiney car. Just kidding, awesome car.  phil

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #236 on: December 14, 2007, 11:50:04 PM »
Very impressive speeds and now you are on the list  :-):

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/bville-cars-1/bville-cars%20index-1.html

That 1991 time at Speed Week was the first Speed Week I attended,

Sum

That was our 3rd year on the salt.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #237 on: December 23, 2007, 12:30:06 AM »
Something we learned at Elmo was that we were having a hell of a time getting the barrel valve set close enough for the engine to run right.  There was just too much air getting into the engine at idle.  So we put the extra blow off valve next to the other one, hopefully this will control the air comming in better. 

Offline David

• New folks
« Reply #238 on: December 24, 2007, 05:16:52 PM »
Hi, what a fabulous thread & brilliant workmanship as well, you must be a inspiration to many on this site.  Did you find the F.A.S.T.air fuel meter that you had fitted in you build up, helped you in your tuning of your fuel system also do you run on alcohol?
I have just purchased one of these air fuel meters for my turbo alcohol efi dragbike & I would appreciate  if you could give me some feedback on how you found it performed, many thanks 

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #239 on: December 24, 2007, 06:11:27 PM »
Hi, what a fabulous thread & brilliant workmanship as well, you must be a inspiration to many on this site.  Did you find the F.A.S.T.air fuel meter that you had fitted in you build up, helped you in your tuning of your fuel system also do you run on alcohol?
I have just purchased one of these air fuel meters for my turbo alcohol efi dragbike & I would appreciate  if you could give me some feedback on how you found it performed, many thanks 

Well, when we make a pass we will let you know.  So far we have only run the car on idle trying to get the tune right, so we rreally don't have a whole lot of info on this unit yet.  Thanks for the response.