Author Topic: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)  (Read 1897730 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Reply #2010 on: March 06, 2014, 12:28:34 PM »
Worse will be when Nancy's selling all of my stuff after my demise.  the guys will be looking at this and that out in the shop and find an odd tool and ask "What the heck -- this 13/17 mm reverse-thread tap* looks like it was used only once.  Why did he bother even getting it?"

*If it's not that it'll be the 85 VAC soldering iron or the omnidirectional two-way tire gauge or such. . . :|
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Online Elmo Rodge

« Reply #2011 on: March 06, 2014, 12:38:16 PM »
"omnidirectional two-way tire gauge " ..... By definition,. Oh, never mind.  :roll: Wayno

Offline jl222

« Reply #2012 on: March 12, 2014, 12:10:37 PM »
OH No not wide tires!!!!!!!!!

Sorry folks, I made the comment toguein cheek. there was some discussion a ways back in this tread about some folks giving thes guys some greif about using wide tires... :-D

No problem Capt. We enjoy hearing how wide tires don't work :-D

JL222

Offline jl222

« Reply #2013 on: March 18, 2014, 05:50:54 PM »

Lots happening today....got reservations at the Red Garter for Speed Week :-D new head coming -prefinished cabinets set on new house yesterday and 3 tile crews installing today :-D

JL222

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #2014 on: March 18, 2014, 07:23:01 PM »
Is the head for the car or a navy term?
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline jl222

« Reply #2015 on: March 18, 2014, 10:59:26 PM »
Is the head for the car or a navy term?

Militia :-D  HEY...this is Fresno county where our female sheriff Mimns has vowed not to enforce unconstitutional gun laws :

JL222  :cheers:   

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #2016 on: March 18, 2014, 11:32:09 PM »
jl222. Good for her.
 :-D
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2017 on: March 19, 2014, 12:04:56 PM »
I didn't know that law enforcement was the authority on constitutionality.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jl222

« Reply #2018 on: March 19, 2014, 01:16:59 PM »

They seem to able to ignore laws on immigration and allow 20 million illegals into the U.S. which has brought down the wages in construction that U.S citizens used to make a decent living from, and ruined hospitals that have to treat them and not get paid driving up the cost of insurance.

The guys working on our new house, the ones that speak English are making $4 or less an hr than when we build our house
in 1979.

JL222 

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #2019 on: March 19, 2014, 08:48:39 PM »

The guys working on our new house, the ones that speak English are making $4 or less an hr than when we build our house
in 1979.

JL222 

Why don't you just pay them more, sounds like the right thing to do.
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #2020 on: March 19, 2014, 11:28:49 PM »
  If he does, I guarantee that the house will get done sooner and quite probably have a better fit and finish.
 :-) Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline jl222

« Reply #2021 on: March 20, 2014, 02:19:49 AM »

in 1979.

JL222 

Why don't you just pay them more, sounds like the right thing to do.

Were paying plenty for the house under contract. And the reason we chose this contractor was because of the fit and finish.
  The subs do an amazingly good job very fast. Lots of cabinets installed, for instance, in one day.
  I don't have anything to do with paying the workers, the subcontractors do that.

AND I sure as HELL am not going to pay an illegal alien one dime more when they drove me out of the tile business, when other
Tile contractors were hiring them paying under the table with no workers comp, taxes, etc. which I refused to do.

Years ago working on a house,having lunch on tailgate, a pool contractor drove up and one of his workers says I need to change my number. I says how many f-cking numbers you got? I should call immigration. Contractor says go ahead he's legal, Yeah, then how come he needs to change his number? And since you challenged me on calling I will [this is before cell phones].

I go to a pay phone, call Linda, see if you can get immigration out here.

Later I find out she can't even find immigrations number in phone book or information, so she calls congressman Largomasino,
 he didn't have it and finally calls back with number. Linda calls immigration and they never came out.

BUT this young carpenter, building steps down to the house that set below street level, says ''what's it to you'' I said ''tell me that 20 yrs from now. The very next job was a beach house that set below street level. GUESS whose building steps, an illegal alien :roll:
  I have a good idea their illegal when I ask them something and there's no speaka de English. Wish that carpenter was there.

JL222

Offline jl222

« Reply #2022 on: March 25, 2014, 12:38:34 AM »

Stage v wanted pics of head at different sides to make sure head was the same. Troy took pics with his smart phone and e-mailed them .

Got call today that head should be shipped this week.

Then we ship it to Larry's Speed and Marine in  Tucson AZ to be ported and o-ringed.

JL222

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2023 on: March 27, 2014, 06:00:57 PM »
All the guys that do construction here are Alien and I don't mean where they come from. :-D

Offline jl222

« Reply #2024 on: March 28, 2014, 10:10:42 PM »

Stage v wanted pics of head at different sides to make sure head was the same. Troy took pics with his smart phone and e-mailed them .

Got call today that head should be shipped this week.

Then we ship it to Larry's Speed and Marine in  Tucson AZ to be ported and o-ringed.

JL222

Head arrived today  :cheers:

Looks just like the old one, but not beat up :-)

JL222