A little post race wrap up. This was a successful speedweek for us, although it didn't really feel like it because of all the thrashing we had to do. We got the record on Friday, and even then it was a challenge to get through the 3 with a wet and bumpy track.
On our first run we spun, had to get inspected and discuss why we spun with Mile Mike. The conclusion was that our alignment was off some. We had to do a lot of measuring, but the first indication was the string test.
We did this on both sides to check the differences, and yes there was a problem!
This was our prize for spinning and taking out the mile marker.
We displayed it with pride.
Once we got the alignment problem fixed we warned the car up to go racing and a freeze plug in the head popped out!! Well, we just can't get to the back of the head so we had to pull all of the air intake, blower tubes, manifold, and the head to fix it! Another day gone.
We also had a problem with out lexan side widows blowing out!
we spent a lot of time trying to fix this as well.
The first attempt was the single aluminum bar, that's all we had at the time and it didn't help! The second piece of metal extended down farther and worked better. We were hustling in impound on thursday to get this done! A trip to the hardware store for senior and the engine valve lash for me. We still have to modify the window better to get it to work properly.